0.04

The couple weeks following first meeting Trevor were wonderful, Rosalie enjoyed spending time with him and he seemed to be enjoying his time with her as well. But that changed when Trevor broke things off and only giving one thing as the reason,

"So what was the reason?" Barney asked.

"I don't want to date a woman that is clearly in love with someone else." she said trying to mimic  Trevor's voice and accent, though she was failing.

"In love with someone else?" Ted asked, "who are you in love with?"

"Barney." Rosalie blurted out quickly, "yeah, I'm in love with Barney. Have been since we met but I can't be with him knowing that he's slept with almost everyone in New York except for Lily, Robin, and myself."

"Well let's toast to Rosalie finally admitting she is in love with me by drinking these Thanks-tini." Barney said and that is what lead to her being hunched over her toilet dry heaving. She didn't know how she had any left but she did. She tried to remind herself to call Barney and yell at him later but she didn't feel like doing much of anything. But she caught a taxi to Lily and Marshall's just in time to see them getting on the shuttle to Minnesota to see Marshall's very tall family. She waved to Marshall who was sitting by the window and he got Lily's attention. The blonde smiled at her scared looking friend and went up to the apartment. She didn't bother knocking on the door and walked in, sitting in her favorite chair.

"You look worse than all of them." Robin mentioned.

"She got dumped because she's in love with Barney." Ted said, "so she drank a lot."

"You're in love with Barney? Then I'd drink a lot too."

"Yes, it's very unfortunate he is a man-whore or we'd together right now." Rosalie said in a monotone voice.

"What are you doing for Thanksgiving, Rose?" Robin asked.

"Going to my dad's. My two brothers are going. We'll talk about how we all hate our good for nothing mother and eat food that I spent all day to make. You two are more than welcome to come. I invited Barney, but he is dead set on going to the Lusty Leopard."

"What you're cooking? I didn't know you could cook." Ted said.

"You never asked? Besides I work so much I live on takeout food. But yes, I can cook."

"We could go after the homeless shelter." Robin suggested to Ted.

"Yeah, we'll be there."

"Cool. Now I have to drag my hungover ass to the store and then out to Brooklyn." Rosalie said pulling herself up out of the chair and downstairs. She got a taxi out to Brooklyn, where she did her shopping before her brother Clayton picked up her. 

The next morning Rosalie rolled over and married herself downstairs and prepared the turkey. It was going to take the longest. Though there were only four them, she learned pretty early on just how much her brothers could eat, as well as her father who enjoyed the leftovers. She then prepared her famous mixed berry pie, pumpkin pie, and apple pie. Rosalie was a pushover when it came to her family, she could never say no to them. 

Hours passed and her Wesley came through the kitchen and made the salad and helped her however he could.

"Is Ted coming?"

"Maybe. Him and Robin. Who knows." 

She was putting things on the kitchen table when the doorbell rang, she didn't bother getting it knowing that her father would answer, "Rose, your friends are here." Rosalie walked from the dining room to the living room where the front door was and smiled.

"No Lusty Leopard?" Rosalie asked Barney.

"Not when I heard you were cooking." he replied walking in and hugging Rosalie, "they got me fired from the homeless shelter gig."

"Oh damn, so what do you have to do now?"

"Pick up trash on the sidewalk." he pouted.

"Come by my office, I'll see if I can get the judge to let you help me by organizing old case files."

"Have I ever told you that I love you, Rosalie Clarke?"

"Pretty you say whenever you're drunk." Rosalie joked, she smiled to her two other friends and guided them inside, "Robin, this is my dad Jonathan and my two brothers; Wesley and Clayton."

"It's nice to meet you guys." Robin said politely while Ted greeted both brothers.

"Come eat, I just finished setting it down." they did and Rosalie's dad carved the turkey that was cooked perfectly and things went around. Rosalie smiled when she saw Barney dig into a turkey leg, and watched carefully Robin and Ted's reaction to her food.

"Oh.My.God." Robin said, "I don't care if this is fake Thanksgiving, this is amazing."

"Fake Thanksgiving?" her father asked.

"She's from Canada." Ted informed him taking a bite and looking wide-eyed at Rosalie, "how are you still single?"

"I question that everyday." Jonathan said looking at his daughter, "beautiful, kind, smart, great cook."

"Amazing friend." Barney added, "trustworthy." Rosalie looked over at him, "to Rosalie. A beautiful woman who I know for sure I'm thankful for having her in my life."

"To Rosalie." everyone repeated

"You guys shut the hell up." the blonde said looking down at her plate of food, "to Carolyn Rogers, the bitch that brought us in this world but had no problem walking out of our lives on Thanksgiving 1991."

"To the bitch known as Carolyn." Jonathan said raising his beer bottle.

"To the bitch." her brothers repeated. 

Ted, Robin, and Barney didn't know what to say, they all knew that Rosalie's mother walked out on them when she was thirteen, but never knew it was on Thanksgiving. So they all looked at each other before all looking around.

"Don't feel sympathetic. She was a selfish woman who didn't care about anyone but herself." Rosalie said. Her father put a hand on her shoulder.

"More right then ever my lovely, Rose."