0.06

Rosalie was rushing around her apartment, trying to collect her things. A month has passed since the incident that landed Mike in the hospital and the case was closed, both his parents in jail for the next teen years. She opened the second bedroom door and looked at the sleeping body.

"Mike, honey. Wake up. Breakfast is ready and we have to leave soon." she said, Mike shot up out of bed and looked around. His breathing was erratic and Rosalie went inside the room, "hey, hey. It's me."

"Rose." he breathed out and clung to Rosalie. She was currently fostering Mike and filing for adoption. He didn't know that, and she hoped to surprise him on his birthday which was coming up in two months, "sorry, another nightmare."

"It's ok. Breakfast is ready. We have to leave for school in thirty minutes." he nodded, getting out of bed. He moved into the small kitchen, sitting in the spot he claimed as his own the moment he stepped into Rosalie's apartment.

"The wedding we are going to this weekend, who's is it?"

"Old friends, Claudia and Stuart."

"Are you sure it's okay that I come?"

"Yeah, I put down that I was bringing a guest. It was supposed to be this guy I was seeing, but that ended. Plus I'll be there with the most handsome guy ever. Barney is picking you up after school to get you fitted for a suit." Mike looked up at Rosalie with a smile. Ever since Barney had brought donuts, Mike had been his number one fan. He came over at least one time a week to hang out since Rosalie hadn't been at the bar at all since Mike came home with her. 

"Cool, Barney is awesome." Rosalie smiled at him. Rosalie's phone began to ring and she answered it.

"Hey, Ted. What's up? Go get dressed sweetie." she told Mike who grabbed the pancake off Rosalie's plate, shoved it into his mouth and ran off down the hall to his bedroom.

"Who are you bringing to this wedding? You were gonna bring Trevor, but he dumped you because you're in love with Barney. Are you bringing Barney?"

"No, I'm not brining Barney. He'd hit on every bridesmaid there. He'll probably find his own in anyways. But I'm bringing Mike."

"So you aren't bringing a date?"

"I am."

"He's a kid."

"So? Who are you wanting to take?"

"I thought about bringing Robin."

"Well, good luck. I gotta go. I'll see you this weekend." she didn't wait for him to respond before hanging up. She put the dirty dishes in the sink, promising herself to do them when she got home from work. She collected the case files on the coffee table and saw Mike coming out of the bedroom with his backpack on, "teeth brushed?"

"Yeah." she smiled and the two went out the door. They walked a couple blocks to the subway and got onto the crowded platform. Mike held onto Rosalie's hand tightly and they got on board. They both stood up, Rosalie holding onto Mike's chest while he stood in front of her. They got off a block from his school and she stood out front.

"Call me if Barney doesn't show up, please."

"I will. Bye, Rose."

"Bye, sweetie." she kissed the top of his head before going back to the subway station and taking the subway to work. She checked her email, hoping that the judge was going to set up a home visit soon but it wasn't there. She sighed and got to work on her current cases. 

Rosalie straightened out her dressed and slipped into her heels. She grabbed her clutch off her bed and went into the hallway. Mike was waiting for her and smiled.