0.19

Rosalie sat across from Barney at her small kitchen table. He had been there for thirty minutes has hasn't said a word, she brought him coffee and had been starring at him before sighing.

"I got a job offer in Anaheim." she told him and he said nothing, "look Barney, this was never our plan but plans change. I'm having this babies with or without your support. I personally would love to continue to have you in my life but if you choose to that's up to you. I'm not making the decision for you."

"I want to be with you." he told her, "but I don't want kids."

"Then there's nothing left to say."

"Rose, please-"

"There is no Rose, please. There is only "Rose, I love you and we made those three babies growing inside you together and we are going to do this together." If you truly loved me as you claim you do, you'd want to do this with me but you don't, so add me to your list of conquest and get the hell out of my apartment." Barney looked down at his hands and scooted his chair out and left the apartment without another word. Rosalie sat on the couch and cried, this isn't what she wanted but Barney made his decision. She had to give her decision tomorrow about the job offer and she had no clue on what to do.

When she got to her dads her brothers were there with him watching football on the couch. She came and sat down next to her dad on the couch and moved into his arms. Silent tears fell and he turned on the game and looked at her.

"What happened?" her brothers turned and saw her.

"Barney made his decision and he wants me but not our children."

"It doesn't work that way! Your four our a package deal now. Now you should take that job even more." her father told her.

"But you are sick. What if you need me."

"I'll always need you, you're my baby girl. But I don't want you to watch me die. Go out there. It'll be good for you. Do something for yourself for a change."

"But, Dad-"

"No buts about it, Rosalie. You're taking the job offer." Rosalie nodded her head, knowing her father was right about the job. The rest of the evening they hung out together and Rosalie cooked them dinner.

When she got to work the next morning she was called into her boss' office five minutes after getting there. They had a small conversation about the job and how good it would be for her to take it before they called the Anaheim office together.

"Ms. Clarke, timely as ever. I hope you have some good news for me."

"After thinking about it and discussing it with my family, I'd love to accept the job offer."

"Excellent."

"I must disclose somethings though."

"Of course, Ms. Clarke."

"My father is sick and he is pushing me to take this job, but if he gets worse I hope I'd be able to come back and work out of this office if needed."

"Yes, we are very much family first. Anything else?"

"I'm pregnant. Just two months along, but I hope that doesn't hinder the job offer."

"Congratulations Ms. Clarke. If you believe you can still do the job, I believe it won't be an issue."

"I don't believe so at all, Mr. Carlisle."

"Great to hear. I think we should work out that you come here on Friday to discuss the terms of the job in private and you can start looking for some place to live. I'd really like to see you start in the next month and a half or so."

"That sounds great."

"Fantastic, if you'd like to bring someone with you so you aren't alone let me know. I'll have my assistant, your new assistant email you the booking information. Try to get back to me by the end of the day so that's taken care of."

"Thank you so much for this opportunity, it truly means a lot."

"My pleasure, Ms. Clarke. I look forward to seeing you again Friday."

"Goodbye, Mr. Carlisle." the phone disconnected and Rosalie smiled. She looked at her boss and left the office. She went to her own desk and called Lily.

"Hey, Rosa."

"Hey, Lily. I know your school bell is about to ring but how would you like to go to Anaheim with me this weekend?"

"You took the job!"

"Yeah, I did."

"I'm so happy for you! Yeah, I'll go. Let me tell Marshall. We can house hunt and go to Disneyland!"

"House hunting for sure. Disneyland, maybe." Rosalie said with a laugh, "I'll see you guys tonight at the bar."

"See you then." Rosalie emailed Mr. Carlisle her information as well as Lily's and an hour later she got a reply back with their flight information. She looked at the tickets and realized they were booked for first class, something neither woman had ever experienced before. She printed out the boarding passes and stuck them in her briefcase for work.

Rosalie was smiling as she walked into the bar that night to meet her friends. She didn't know if Barney was coming but she didn't care if he was. Would it be awkward, yes but she wouldn't have cared. She looked at the people in the booth and smiled.

"I guess congratulations are in order." Marshall said.

"Congratulations on what? She's going to be a single mom to triplets. I don't think that's something to congratulate her on." Ted said.

"I accepted the job offer in Anaheim."

"They agreed to your terms?" Robin asked with a smile on her face.

"Yes, they're paying for the move. I'm allowed to come back if my dad gets worse. They know I'm pregnant. Also I get a raise, like a big raise. It'll help me afford three babies." Barney walked into the bar and looked at Rosalie, he stopped to get a drink before coming over to the table. Rosalie gave him a polite smile.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here." he told her bringing a chair over to the table.

"I had news to share, so here I am. Plus I'm an adult, I can be around you."

"Doesn't it hurt to know we aren't together though?"

"Honestly, no. Because you're the one who fucked it all up. So I'm not hurt, I'm angry more than anything. But once again, I'm an adult."

"I fucked it up? You're the one who got pregnant and are deciding to keep them even though it's not what I want. I want you Rosalie, just you."

"It takes two to create children, I can't reproduce on my own. Plus they're inside me so we're a packaged deal. I'm gonna go, cause he's pissing me off and I don't want to punch him. Lily our flight takes off at eight in the morning so I'll meet you at JFK at six."

"See you then." she said goodbye to the others and before leaving she saw Ted punch Barney in the arm followed by Lily punching him in the face which made her smile.