0.18

"Rose, call for you." her boss called from his office, she got up confused why whoever called her didn't call her number directly.

"Who is it?"

"Our sister office in Anaheim." he told her smiling, handing her the phone.

"This is Rosalie Clarke."

"Ms. Clarke, this is Roger Carlisle. I'm not sure if you remember me."

"Of course, I do Mr. Carlisle. How are you this afternoon?"

"I'm great. Just got into the office actually."

"I hope you had a lovely weekend." she said politely.

"I did. Thank you. The reason for the call is because I'm retiring at the end of the month. From what I hear of your reputation is that you're the perfect person to replace me." Rosalie inhaled sharply before smiling.

"Are you serious? It's an honor to even be considered for this position."

"I imagine you need sometime to think it over of course. It's a lot to leave behind in New York. We can discuss everything now or later which ever works best for your schedule." she pulled out her phone from her pocket and started going through her schedule.

"Would I be able to call you on Wednesday to discuss it? I have court tomorrow and I'm supposed to go out to my dad's tonight for dinner with my brothers."

"Of course, Ms. Clarke. How does Wednesday at six your time sound? In the evening of course."

"Sounds great. Thank you so much for this opportunity."

"You're our first choice Ms. Clarke. I hope I don't have to start searching for a second. We will talk Wednesday, have a good rest of your day."

"You as well, Mr. Carlisle."

Rosalie smiled and looked at her boss, "you'd be a fool not to take it."

"My dad's still sick and I am going through something with my boyfriend who hasn't returned my phone calls in three days."

"Just think it over."

"I will." she excused herself and went back to her desk. She smiled sitting down at it but continued working until it was time for her to meet her family for dinner. They were meeting in the city and though it wasn't far from her job she didn't know how bad traffic was going to be. When she got to the restaurant her dad and brothers were already there. She hugged them and noticed the oxygen tank that came along with her father. She knew he was getting sicker.

"There is my Rosie." her father said smiling at her, "how was work."

"I got a job offer today. A promotion and relocation to the Anaheim office. The supervisor over there is retiring at the end of the month and wants me to take his place."

"You have to take it!" her father said.

"But you're sick. I can't leave you. Plus Barney hasn't returned any of my calls. I have no idea what is going on."

"That little weasel doesn't deserve you. You need to take that job, Rosalie." her brother Clayton said, "you deserve it. You've worked so hard."

"I'm not going to say no but I'm not ready to say yes. I need to track Barney down. I need to know what he is thinking." they all looked at her and nodded. They ate and talked about different things the rest of the night, "I got for my first ultrasound tomorrow morning before court."

"Who is going with you?"

"Lily." she told them. She was grateful that her best friend was going with her. Though she'd rather have Barney, she knew that wasn't likely to happen.

When Rosalie got to the apartment the next morning to get Lily she was hugged instantly by the woman. She smiled into the hug and then got one from Marshall.

"I told off Barney." Lily said.

"And so did I! He can't just ignore you and except everything to be okay." Marshall told her.

"Guys, I appreciate that but he needs to come to the decision himself. He needs to be the one to tell me if he wants this or not. Are you ready? We have like thirty minutes before the appointment."

"Yeah. Let me grab my coat and purse." they walked out of the apartment together and down a couple blocks to where Rosalie's OBGYN was located. She checked in and was only waiting fifteen minutes before she was taken into the ultrasound room. She unbuttoned her slacks and the technician put the jelly on her stomach. She heard the heartbeat of her child and looked over at the screen.

"There it is." the technician said with a smile, "strong heart beat. Ooh look right there. There's the other one."

"Other one? Twins?"

"Nope, looks like triplets. There's the third. It's too early to see if they're identical or fraternal. But congratulations mommy. I'll print out your pictures Rose. Then I'll take you to the room to see the doctor." her time with the doctor seemed like a blur. She didn't remember anything she was saying so she was grateful when Lily said outside that she took notes. She called in sick to work and tried to call Barney ten times before getting fed up.

"I'm going to his office." she told Lily, "want to come?"

"Hell yeah, I took the whole day off." they hailed a taxi to take them to Barney's office and found his large office. He was sitting behind the desk and a tall blonde was sitting on the corner of it.

"Don't mind us." Rosalie said entering the office.

"Rosalie. What are you doing here?" Barney asked, "and trust me this isn't what it looks like. I was just turning her down." Rosalie looked towards the girl for confirmation and she nodded.

"Leave tramp." Lily said

"What are you doing at my job? This could get me fired."

"Figured since you won't return my phone calls, I'd come to you."

"I need time to think."

"Think about this jackass." she slammed the photo of the ultrasound, turned on her heel, grabbed Lily's hand and left the office. Once on the street she turned to Lily and cried in her friends arms, "I need something greasy and gross. I need the Sloppy Jessica."

"Let's go get you the Sloppy Jessica." Lily hailed them a taxi and they drove towards the food Rosalie wanted.

"What am I going to do with three babies. Especially if Barney chooses not to stick around? I don't have room in my apartment."

"I honestly have no idea, Rosie."