Chapter 4

"Just like that, she was back on the shore, nothing left but the memories she'd forever cherish," Blair wrote, ending her first paper for creative writing. Since the assigned topic was the ocean, she'd written a short story about a girl who falls off of a dolphin watching tour boat and magically turns into a starfish. It was pretty far fetched and after reading it, even Blair had to admit that it was kind of silly but it was creative and she hoped it would be good enough for an A.

It was already the end of the first month of school and Blair found herself feeling giddy when she went to creative writing class. When Professor Silver would explain examples or go through the powerpoint notes she always noticed him glancing at her. Maybe it was all in her head, but either way every time he so much as turned towards her she tried her best to shoot him a sultry smile.

***

Professor Silver looked down at his watch,"I think that's enough for today, let's end the notes here. I've read about half of the ocean essays and I must say, I'm really enjoying them! I'll try and have them graded by next class."

Blair looked down at her notes and smiled, hoping that her teacher had enjoyed reading her story. She packed up her things and got her phone out, scrolling through numerous texts that she'd missed. The group chat between herself, Macy, and Jack had been blowing up while she was in class and she was trying to quickly read through all the texts.

"Blair, can I talk to you for a second," Logan asked as everyone filed out of the classroom.

Blair found herself feeling more nervous than usual. She hadn't really spoken to Logan since their movie rendezvous, other than the occasional goodbye after class.

"Sure, what's up?"

"I read your story and I thought it was really good. Very well written, interesting, and funny. I'm impressed," he said raising an eyebrow.

Blair felt her cheeks turning red, thankful that she had foundation on that could slightly camouflage the rosiness.

"Wow, thank you, that means a lot. I kind of had a weird idea about a starfish and ran with it," Blair said, running her hand through her curly hair, something she did whenever she was slightly uncomfortable or nervous.

"I'm part of this short story club and I would love to bring you as a guest, have you read your story out loud to some colleagues."

Oh my god, is this another date?? Holy...shit!!!

Blair nodded, trying her best to look as blasé as possible.

"That sounds pretty cool, I guess. I mean, i'll go, if I'm not busy with other schoolwork and stuff..." Blair bit the scar on the left side of her cheek that she'd received from a stray wire on her braces.

Logan chuckled, grabbing a chapstick out of his pocket and putting it on his lips that seemed to have a natural pink shade that even Mac couldn't replicate.

Lord help me

"I'm sure a smart and dedicated girl like you is busy but in case you find yourself free this Saturday, let me know."

Blair smiled and nodded, making a mental note to clear her schedule for Saturday.

"I'll email you and let you know."

Logan nodded to himself," Why don't I just give you my number instead, just so it's easier to get in contact with you."

Blair looked down at her dirty sneakers, trying her best to hide her grin.

This isn't a big deal, he probably gives his number out to a ton of girls, I need to calm myself down.

"Yeah, sounds good," Blair said handing him her phone. He input his number and gave Blair back her phone, brushing her thumb with his pointer finger.

"Just text me and let me know, maybe we can go to dinner after or something, if you aren't too busy."

***
"Holy shit, he gave you his number?? That's a big deal, B," Maci said as the two ate grilled cheeses in Blair's apartment.

"Is it? I mean, he probably gives it out to a ton of girls and he probably just had nothing else to do and felt bad for me."

"No no no, he likes you, Blair. Time to face the facts, you and mr blazer are going to be a thing now and it's going to be great."

"Okay, calm down, he barely even knows me. I'm literally just going to read my story, nothing else."

"Whatever you say, Blair, all I know is that I've never had a teacher ask for my phone number...Real talk though, Blair, what are you going to wear?!"

"Uh, jeans and a tshirt?"

Macy's eyes opened wide," how can someone as pretty as you have no sense of style? Thank god you have me to be your personal stylist."

Blair stared at her friend in confusion and waited for her closet to be torn apart by Macy, who often told Blair she needed to start dressed like a young lady and not like a middle school skater boy.

After about an hour of Macy throwing clothes at Blair the two decided on an outfit. It was a simple slip dress, one of the only dresses Blair had in her closet.

Macy had even forced Blair to wear heels, despite the hundred times Blair had insisted it wasn't a date and she shouldn't dress up.

"Blair, do you want your teacher to fall for you or not," Macy asked, as she tried to fluff up Blair's hair.

"I mean, I don't know. He is cute...and he likes movies and writing which is cool...but he's also kind of old which is weird, right?"

Macy rolled her eyes,"Older guys are better, everyone knows that, Blair. I think you should go for it. I mean, no offense babe but an adventure like this could add some pizazz to your life."

Blair slid a gold hoop earring through her ear,"I have pizazz, Macy! Remember that time I sung karaoke in front of that soccer team from Scotland, now that was some exciting shit!"

"Blair, you were literally so drunk you fell off the stage and twisted your ankle. That is not the pizazz you want! Dating a teacher, going on romantic movie dates, getting to hook up with a guy who has experience," Macy said as she lifted her eyebrow seductively," that is the pizazz you want! Plus, how cool of a story would that be to tell your children...yep, I was the girl who dated my steamy professor," Macy replied as she twirled around in a Disney princess fashion. 

"Okay, slow down Macy, no one is hooking up with anyone...yet," Blair said, throwing her essential items into her purse.

"That's my girl! Now go get that man! And remember, eye contact is everything! Do you need gum? Or some extra lip gloss? A condom? Juice pouch? Band aid?"

"Oh my god, Macy, please calm down! You're making me even more nervous," Blair replied as she grabbed her car keys and began walking towards the front door.

"I'm sorry, B. You're going to have fun and if anything progresses, I'll be here to lend you a great push up bra or root beer flavored condom."

The two laughed and hugged before Blair walked out the door.

Author's Note: omg homegirl Blair is about to go on date #2 with LOGAN ;) do we think it will go well or will Blair end up drunk and singing karaoke again?!! THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE VOTES AND COMMENTS AND JUST GENERAL ATTENTION BEING GIVEN TO THIS STORY, IT'S NEW AND A WORK IN PROGRESS BUT I LOVE WHEN Y'ALL INTERACT W ME SO KEEP IT UP HAHAH :)