Chapter 12

"I don't know if I want to continue seeing Logan," Blair said, aimlessly looking at clothes on her laptop while talking to Macy on the phone.

"What?! I thought things were going well??"

"I mean, they are...but I just don't know if I really want to keep doing this whole secretive thing. I mean what if things get serious, my parents are going to think it's weird that I'm dating someone who was like 13 when I was born."

"Look B, I think you're overthinking all this shit. You and Logan are newly dating, y'all are just having fun and hanging out, don't think about the consequences. No one is going to snitch and everything is going to turn out fine. Just chill about everything."

Macy was harsh, but Blair had to admit she was right. It's not like her and Logan were even official yet. Blair was going to continue hanging out with Logan and keep it casual. Other than the random boy scout guy, no one suspected anything.

"Macy, you're right."

"Of course I'm right, girl...it's me! Now just calm down. I swear sometimes you act like this is the first guy you've gotten somewhat serious with."

Uh....well....

***

It was October and things with Blair and Logan were heating up...somewhat. They went to movies, dinners, but the two's favorite thing was cuddling up on a couch together. It was all so sweet and blissful, Blair found herself realizing why people got so gushy about dating.

Although Blair's love life was going pretty well, school was growing more stressful. When Blair wasn't living in a little love bubble with Logan, she was studying her ass off. Her dark circles partially hidden with concealer showed her lack of sleep. Blair wanted a break or at least a night off, which was why when word of a big Halloween came her way, she said yes immediately. The icing on the cake was that the party was off campus and she'd convinced Logan to come.

This would be the first time Blair would get to enter a skanky party with a guy by her side. It would also be the first time that her best friends met Logan. The two were overly excited and Blair was almost certain they would be grilling him with questions or telling him every single embarrassing thing she'd ever done.

Blair adored Halloween and she'd already had her costume planned out in April. She took the holiday very seriously, aka she didn't go out and buy a costume but instead she opted to spend hours of time she didn't have to sew, glue, and piece together a costume from scratch. 

This year Blair had decided to dress up as Frida Kahlo which meant putting together a costume that represented Mexican culture without being racist and somehow throwing a little sexiness in there. Her outfit was half store bought and half hand sewn. Blair had only taken a introductory sewing class back in middle school so she hoped that by some miracle her dress wouldn't rip apart before the night was over.

On the night of the party Blair took her time drawing a bushy unibrow on herself. She wore heavy red lipstick and paid Macy $5 to braid her hair because Blair could drive a car, ride a bike, and say the alphabet backwards in French but she could not do any type of braid to save her life.

After twenty minutes of Macy pulling Blair's scalp, the look was complete. Macy and Jack had gone the more traditional route with Macy dressing up as Dorothy and Jack as the scarecrow. It was pretty overdone but Macy had somehow made a cheap store-bought Dorothy dress look boogie and Jack admittedly looked pretty cute with painted on patches on his face. 

The three drove together to a cheap burger place to meet Logan for a pre party dinner. They sat down at a booth and Blair grew increasingly nervous as they waited for Logan. Feeling her face starting to get sweaty, Blair flocked to the restroom to make sure her unibrow wasn't dripping down her face. When she walked out of the bathroom she met eyes with Logan.