Chapter 23

After new years was over, the rest of vacation soon ended. Blair was back at her own apartment, slowly preparing to get back into the groove of school. Her schedule wasn't bad, she only had three courses left on her degree plan which meant that she had time to finally choose a blow off/fun course. Annoyed with her not so flat tummy she signed up for water aerobics. She was pretty sure the class would be filled with old people but she didn't really mind.

Monday rolled around and she soon found out that Jack was in one of her courses. Four years had passed and they'd never managed to have a class together. 

Blair walked into the class, pleased that Jack was in the second row.

"Jack! Oh my god, hey!"

She ran up to him and gave him a hug.

"Macy is going to be so pissed that I saw you before her! How are you?"

"I'm good! How was your break?"

"It was fun, Macy told you I ended up going skiing with her family, right?"

Blair looked at Jack, slightly shocked. Macy had most definitely not told her about the ski trip.

"Yeah, I don't think she mentioned that, actually...how was it?"

"Blair it was awesome! Her family rented this huge cabin and we ate smores like every night! I think she wanted to invite you but she figured you were here getting cozy with Logan."

Blair rolled her eyes, remembering how her last week had been anything but cozy. Between the scraped knee and the almost new years argument, Blair would have loved spending her nights eating smores with her friends.

"Actually, my week with Logan kind of sucked..." Blair said, finally saying the words out loud that had been residing in her mind.

"What, why?!"

"Let's see, I was forced to wake up early, nearly killed myself on a bike ride, and I can't forget Logan being embarrassed of my age and outfit at the new years party!"

Jack looked at Blair, no emotions visible.

"Shit...I'm sorry, Blair. Did you two break up?"

Blair hadn't even thought about breaking up. Sure, she had gotten her feelings hurt but did she really want to go back to her old single self?

"No...we've kind of given each other space, though. He hasn't even called me since new years..."

Jack placed his hand on Blair's shoulder,"it's going to be okay, Blair. One semester from now and you'll be done with school forever, don't forget that!"

Blair chuckled, glad that Jack had somewhat cheered her up. It was true, after this semester Blair would be out in the real world...she just couldn't decide if she wanted to be alone or with Logan when she was thrown into this so called "real world". 

The class went by horribly slow and Blair found that in the span of one month her handwriting had gotten extremely ugly. She made a note to herself on her planner: PRACTICE WRITING?!

After class she said bye to Jack and went back to her apartment to have lunch before her last class of the day. She fixed herself up a sandwich and plopped herself onto her couch. The first day of the semester was always easy and Blair wanted to take advantage of the one day she didn't have to spend studying. 

She grabbed her laptop, taking a bite of the sandwich before typing Facebook into the search engine.

She scrolled through cat vids and overly political rants posted by her crazy relatives. She was about to log off and move onto Twitter when a new post popped up.