Alone (One-sided Mic/Taco)

(AN: I'll start doing request after this one-shot! I just had this idea in my head and I really wanted to write it.)

Taco had thought about asking out Microphone multiple times before, and today was the day she planned to ask.

"Okay, Taco. Just ask her if she would like to spend some time alone together. She'll say yes. She'll have to."
Taco ranted to herself.

Though Taco is professional, and usually has plans and is organized, but she was awkward when it came to anything romantic. Always afraid of rejection, and embarrassment.

"Just... Get it done and over with." She sighed to herself.

She pulled out the headset she uses to communicate with Mic, and turned it on.

"Microphone? I need to discuss something important with you. I'm in the usual spot in the woods." She tried to sound confident.

After some some movement and footsteps heard over the headset, Mic responded.

"What do you need? I was kind of I'm the middle of something." Microphone asked.

"Just get over here, will you?" Taco repeated her request, and turned off the headset.

-

It took about 15 minutes for Microphone to get there. Taco was circles in the dirt with a stick when Microphone arrived.
She bolted to her feet, and threw the stick behind her.

"What took you so long? It's only a 5 minute walk from here from the camp."

"I wasn't at the camp." Microphone answered.

Taco gave her a dull look.
"It's 6 am. Why were you not sleeping?"

"It's a long story, alright? ...What did you call me over?" Microphone asked.

Taco smirked, and grabbed Mic's hand to pull her to a nearby log, sitting her down.

"Microphone, i've been thinking about our "relationship" lightly." Taco started.

"We make great "Partners in Crime" as they say. But... I was thinking you would make a great different kind of partner."

"What...?" Microphone gave Taco a confused glance.

"I was wondering... Wondering if you would like to- Er, be interested in doing some... Wait, no." Taco stuttered, her face suddenly turning red

"Is this gonna take much longer? I was in a middle of date when you called me over. Just tell me what you need from me!" Microphone lost her patience.

Taco remained silent for a few seconds, processing what Microphone said.

"Date...? Y-you?! With who?" Taco tried her best to keep her voice at a normal level, but her expression showed her anger.

Microphone blinked. "You don't have to get mad. I've been meeting with Soap every morning. It's not interfering with anything on the show."

"Soap?! You're..." Soap went dazed off for a bit, then shook her head.

"Well, get back to it. I understand."
Taco pulled Microphone up, and started to push Mic away. (Which wasn't easy, considering Microphone is way bigger and heavier than her.)

"But what did you need to... Tell me?" Microphone tried to ask.

"Nothing! Nothing important! Just get back to your... Date. I insist."

Microphone shrugged.
"Well, fine. Call me up if you need me again." Microphone started too walk off.

"Yeah, yeah. Just get out." Taco lowered her voice.

Taco stared at Microphone, waiting for her to be out of sight.

Once Mic was no where to be seen, Taco fell onto the grass.

"Of course!" Taco yelled.

"I think I love someone again, and they are seeing someone else." Taco attempted to hold back tears.

"...Why would anyone ever love me, anyway...? I'm a manipulative, sneaky ass." Taco could feel her face hear up, and felt tears form in her eyes.

'Forget it Taco. You need to focus on the goal. Getting half the million. Who cares about Microphone? She's my puppet.'

"Who cares." Taco repeated out loud to herself.

"I don't need love. Not from him, not from her."