13: Mates

"Well, for starters, you both know that that corridor is strictly forbidden, so a punishment must be given." Professor Wyatt starts early the next morning, Aaron and Aphmau sitting together in a ball of shared shame, in front of the headmasters desk.

Shimmering sliver trinkets shine stunningly on the shelves, and cabinets that hand open groan and patter as though they themselves are alive.

A large, purple, throne-like chair sits behind a huge wooden desk, books are strewn everywhere, off the shelves are floating candles, lighting the room brilliantly with and orange glow.

"And if I was a normal professor I would say that you two would need to be separated, considering all the trouble you two have caused." His voice isn't angry, just a little disappointed, but Aaron rathers that he yell at them, because now he feels guilty.

"However, I am not a normal professor." Aaron and Aphmau look up at their favorite professor, who has a little glimmer of mischief in his yellow eyes.

"Detention. Both of you, in my office, starting tonight." Aaron nods his head, the sooner they got this out of the way he could go back to bed, it is a Saturday, and the werewolf meeting isn't until late.

The headmaster opens the door behind them, glancing down at the duo, his hazy blue eyes looking tired and dull, opposite from the first day.

"Hello you two, what trouble has found you this time?" He asks kindly, the duo suddenly feel like they are being scanned under the headmasters gaze.

"Wyatt. What are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be teaching about ear mites and the occasional claw fungus?" Wyatt doesn't seem to be effected at all by Headmaster Forestters gaze, but does chuckle a little at his remark.

"No Wolfric, this is a more pressing matter than the ins and outs of Lycanthropy." Headmaster Forestter gives him a look of surprise, and looks over his half-moon glasses to Aphmau and Aaron.

"He's back Wolfric." Headmaster Forestter opens his mouth, decides otherwise. And flicks his wrist as an old leather bound book comes flying from somewhere in the room and into his open hand.

"Have the seals broken? Did he harm anyone?" Headmaster Forestter asks calmly, flipping into the pages of the ancient book.

The duo watch this exchange with both curiosity and fear, having no idea what they uncovered the day they walked that corridor.

"I do not know, but he seems fixated on these two, the boy can transform fully, just like he was able to do." Professor Wyatt replies, patting Aaron on the shoulder.

"Is that true? Can you transform into a true werewolf?" Headmaster Forestter asks, and Aaron nods slowly, so much for keeping it under wraps.

"And the girl?" He glances at Aphmau with an apologetic look, Aphmau moves into Aaron a little, he grips her hand tightly.

"His mate." Aphmau glares at Aaron, who looks incredibly startled and embarrassed. Aphmau blushing and loosening her grip on his hand.

"She's not my mate! Not...in that way...we're just connected like that because we're both Alpha's." He blurts out, covering his mouth a second later surprising everyone, including himself.

"It's fine Aaron, though, your relationship with her is hard for werewolves to make sense of." Aphmau glances at Aaron, who grabs her hand tighter, now that she is aware that they are emotionally connected, she can feel his protective nature and how much he actually cares for her.