Chapter 24~ Summer (End)

Sprinting back into the tent Aaron finds Aphmau squirming in pain, quickly he dashes to her side, holding her hand and stroking her hair.

"Shhh... It's going to be fine, don't move, it'll all be over soon." She gasps as pain racks her entire being, Aaron keeping it together for the both of them.

"I-It hurts..." Tears of pain start rolling down her cheeks and she grips Aaron's hand harder, her eyes a burning crimson.

"Mmmhmmm. You're strong, you can get through this." Her ears slowly start to elongate, her teeth sharpening.

She whimpers before screaming in pain as her legs are broken and rearranged, her voice gets hoarse as her vocal chords start changing.

"Just a few more minutes, then it'll be over." Aaron feels himself start to slip away, fur poking out from underneath his clothes.

Quickly he haphazardly throws off his clothes and tosses them into the corner as his nose is turned into a snout.

Aphmau whimpers loudly as her arms break and move, hands form into paws and lavender fur starts to run down her back.

"Just a little more, come on, hang in there!" Is the last thing his human form can say before what is left is Aaron's huge fluffy head his poking Aphmau's ears.

As just as suddenly as it started it ended and Aphmau shudders as the pain subsides, but everything still throbbing and burning like a fire had started in her bones.

Aaron helps her stand with his snout, both of them on all fours, Aaron's eyes a gentle steel, but Aphmau's still a dark crimson.

She sniffs him, and in turn he sniffs her, punctuated by a wagging of massive tails and many slobbery wet, werewolf kisses.

Aphmau looks down at herself, she's not as large as Aaron, but she has shorter fur, her ears are closer to her head and her tail is slightly longer than his.

She whimpers as her entire body still burns, Aaron makes her walk, even though walking, and any movement at all seems to only make it work.

"If you don't walk the pain will last longer"

Aaron's voice echoes throughout her head, and she jumps, clearly startled at her sudden telepathy.

"Yes, I'm talking to you, do you feel the same?" He asks, nudging her face gently, his ears down and tail in a submissive position.

"Of course I don't, I covered in fur and have paws for hands!" Aphmau shouts at him and he retreats back from her a few feet, his steel eyes showing yellow flecks.

"I mean, is anything... pulling you to do something, like an urge, or instinct." She thinks for a moment, and she feels a need to run, just run.

"I want to run." Aaron is slightly taken aback at this but wags his tail and somehow Aphmau suddenly feels his exhilaration, his excitement, and his heart beating.

"Then run." Suddenly she feels herself real forward and sprint into the forest, knowing Aaron is close behind her, the cool wind blowing through her fur and her paws kicking leaves up off the ground.

Aaron starts barking at her lead, snapping playfully at her tail, and he gets faster so he's right at her side, they switch like their doing a dance. And although Aphmau has never done this before, it feels so natural.

They play, bark, and climb until the moon is high in the sky, and on a high rock they stare at the full moon, black and lavender wrapped around each other like a coil.

Aaron feels a low rumble escape his throat, emotion escape his heart, entangle in his soul and escape through his mouth in a low, thundering howl he closes his eyes as he tilts his head to the sky.

Aphmau joins him, her's higher but both so in tune with each other that they sound as if they are one, howling wolf, full of emotion and love.

When the howl ends it echoes through the forest, filling the ears of any man who walked the forest, and filling his heart with such light that even the greatest darkness would be shattered in its wake.

And that's were they fell asleep, their song forever echoing through the wind of the night.