8. wanna get some?

As if summoned by Aldana's question, Henderson called Gillian not twenty minutes later

As if summoned by Aldana's question, Henderson called Gillian not twenty minutes later. She was at the supermarket, and picked up as she walked slowly down the liquors aisle, inspecting every bottle and discarding them all.

"Hey, Reg, how about dinner tonight? Wanna come over?"

Gillian swallowed a snort. The FBI had been mandatorily informed about the bomb threat, so he was bound to know. Just like he knew her team was bound to be involved. And yet he didn't even ask how her day had been. Hey, Reg, everything okay? Are you in one piece? Are you in the hospital, missing some limb? Are you still working? Are you tired? Want me to swing by? Need anything? No. Mister Henderson expected her to drop everything and just rush to wear some daring lingerie and go to his place in the mood for action.

Jeez! What the hell was she doing, wasting her time with this overgrown brat? Yeah, well. Not like she dated him because of his wits. There was no need of wits when they got together.

"I'm sorry, but I still have a lot of work."

"Your loss, then, 'cause I've got something special for you."

Really, let me guess. She needed to breathe deep not to hang up on him. "I'm sorry, but I just can't, okay?"

"Sure, don't worry. But aren't you at least a little curious?"

Hum, nope. Actually, not at all, you moron.

Before she could come up with an answer that didn't sound too rude, he said, "Got it, you're busy. Never mind. Just call me, okay?"

And that was supposed to make her panic—oh, no, super-duper lover is pouting 'cause he ain't getting any tonight! Oh, no, he's gonna be mad at me and find himself another chick! Oh, no, I can't let that happen, I can't live without him!

Watch me.

"Alright." And sit tight to wait for my call, you frigging idiot.

She disconnected and her eyes fell on a classy, elegant box. Her lips curled up. Wouldn't it be too much? Well, she had already given away she was a stupid fangirl, right? So to hell with it. She grabbed the box, feeling like a kid perpetrating a mischief.