Chapter 03

Nicole giggles as she jumps on Arson's back and holds onto him tightly while he tries to undone her hold on him.

"Nicole, I am on duty"

"I am your duty"

"Princess, anyone can see you, get down" he hisses as he finally puts her down from his back.

"You are no fun"

"I thought you were going to go out"

"That's why I came seeking you"

"I cannot go with you, I have..."

"What is so important than me? We just go together," she pouts wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him tightly.

"For sake of my sanity Nicole, behave," he growls as he unwraps her arms from around him.

"What happened to my romantic boyfriend and now in place is the same old, boring bodyguard"

"I cannot do this okay, I am on my duty and if you brother or anyone saw us together hell will freeze"

"Sacredly cat" she pokes her tongue out before walking besides him.

"I feel like eating ice-cream"

"I am sure there is plenty of it in the refrigerator which is inside of the house"

"But I want an ice-cream that you will buy me"

"I don't have money"

"Liar, liar hard on in the pant" she rhymes before she pulls out his wallet.

"Which part of I am on duty don't you get?" she asks as she searches for few bills in his wallet.

"The part where you behave as a bodyguard more and my boyfriend less, anyway thanks for the treat baby, I love you," she shouts throwing him his wallet as she shakes few bills his way and rush out.

"She will be death of me," he grumbles as he puts his wallet in.

"Not just yours" Nicholas voice makes him stiffen before he slowly turns to face his boss.

"Hey Boss, you done"

"What did you do for her to yell her love out for you?" Nicholas asks as he nods towards where his sister ran.

"Oh nothing..." he shakes his head but when Nicholas just keeps staring at him, he groans internally.

"I just lend her few bucks for ice-cream"

"The fridge inside is filled with, whatever just forget it. How much did she take away?" Nicholas asks as he goes to pull his wallet out to pay Arson back.

"No, it's okay. I don't mind"

"I am not the only one who is spoiling her, glad you see her as your sister as well" he pats on Arson's arm before walking towards the car while Arson winces at what Nicholas said.

*******

"You said you had something to tell me" Arson starts as they drive away from the house.

"Yeah, it must remain between us and no other that is why I did not said anything about it at the house...too many ears"

"What is it?" Arson asks as he looks away from the road to stare at Nicholas once before focusing on the drive.

"Grace's uncle called us for dinner"

"So?"

"I just don't have a good feeling about them"

"I will check"