Chapter One: Scotland

Scotland. Also known as the Highlands. A land of mountain wildernesses such as the Cairngorms and Northwest Highlands, interspersed with glacial glens and lochs, or valleys and lakes. Its major cities are Edinburgh, the capital, with its iconic hilltop castle, and Glasgow, famed for its vibrant cultural scene. Scotland is also famous for golf, the game first played at the Old Course at St Andrews in the 1400s.

On a crips bright and lovely day, the Mystery Inc. gang were heading down a clear Scottish road, heading off to Loch Ness, and for a very special reason.

"Wow." Daphne said in awe. "The Scottish countryside is so lush and green."

"Yeah. Just like a giant golf course." Fred added.

"Funny thing is, Fred, the Scottish Highlands have been used as a golf course." Valka mentioned, and snickered at Fred's bewildered expression.

"Jinkies, Daphne. It must be exciting to visit Blake Castle... the ancient home of your Scottish ancestors." Velma told the redhead.

"It sure is." Daphne replied with a smile. "It sure is. And I can't wait to help my cousin Shannon host the Loch Ness Highland Games." She then remembered something. "Oh! I even accessorised for the occasion." She pulled out what was a small dark pink neck tapestry from her green handbag, and wrapped it around her neck. "I'm planning to wear this for the opening ceremonies, in honour of the Blakes of Loch Ness."

"Like, it's not the Blakes of Loch Ness that I'm worried about." Shaggy spoke up.

"Are you by any chance referring the legend of the Loch Ness Monster?" Velma asked the cowardly teen, showing a book called 'Legend Of The Loch' in her hand, written by a Professor Fiona Pembroke.

"Ronster?" Scooby shivered, and hid from sight.

"Yeah." Shaggy agreed. "And, like, why are we going to a place that has a monster named after it?"

"Rakes no senses." Scooby added.

"Legend of the Loch." Braedey scoffed, almost like a certain red steam engine. "Pah! Rubbish! It's just an old folklore tale to scare kids at a campfire story."

"Braedey, you sound just like James." Valka spoke up, looking at her son.

"I'm not too sure, Braedey." Velma interjected.

"Jeepers!" Daphne was surprised. "You actually believe in the Loch Ness Monster, Velma?"

"Like, that makes three of us." Shaggy announced.

"Reah." Scooby agreed. "Rone, two, three." He pointed to both Shaggy and Velma, then himself.

"Well, it is a mystery." Velma spoke up, looking at her book in curiosity. "This monster is different. There have been over 2000 Loch Ness Monster sightings, dating all the way back to 540 AD. That's almost 1,500 years ago."