Chapter Two: Blake Castle

"Wow, Blake Castle! I've waited my whole life to see this." Daphne spoke in pure awe.

The gang were currently being given a tour of the old castle by Shannon, looking around at the paintings and the architectural design of the interior of the castle.

"There's over 800 years of Blake family history within these walls. Ours is a rich history of falling through trap doors, finding dangerous secret passageways, and getting caught in overly complicated booby traps of our own design." Shannon explained, showing a painting of such events on one wall.

"The one thing we Blakes have been known for is being

"The one thing we Blakes have been known for is being..." She sighed. "How should I put this? Danger-prone."

The others looked at Daphne with knowing looks. "What?" She asked innocently, and the others turned away from her, making other comments about other things.

"Despite all these years of misfortune... no one at Blake Castle has ever had any trouble with the monster." Shannon continued, watching as the newly repaired sailboat was being towed from the shore to a shipyard to have it checked over.

"Like, that's what I like to hear." Shaggy sighed.

"That is, until now." Shannon interjected solemnly.

"Like, zoinks." Shaggy sighed.

"As it usually does." Braedey murmured.

"It actually began just a few nights ago. I was by myself, down at the boat dock." Shannon told them. "All of a sudden, something very big and very fast came cruising into the cove. It disappeared below the surface, and I lost sight of it."

"When I fell asleep that night

"When I fell asleep that night... I awoke to the strangest sound I'd ever heard in all me life."

That evening, when Shannon woke up, she heard the sound. It almost sounded like it was a whale of some kind, but how could that be? There were no whales in the Loch. When lightning struck outside, it made Shannon jump, but it also blew open one of the windows. As Shannon tried to close them, she saw something in the darkness outside. She felt like she was frozen, as two bright red eyes stared back at her.