Chapter Four: RUN!!

Late that night, everyone had gone off to bed. As all of the guests slept in their given rooms for the evening, Braedey and Valka were struggling to get any sleep. The two were sharing one room, the two of them in separate beds, but it didn't stop them from pushing the two beds together. Still, both Martin's stomachs were growling, since they haven't had anything to eat at dinner, and they were in need of something.

"Mum." Braedey sat up in bed, as his mother followed suit. "With our stomachs growling like that, we're never gonna get any sleep at all." He groaned.

"I know." Valka sighed, a hand over her flat stomach.

The two push open the door, and begin to walk out of the room, Braedey holding a flashlight. He was in a pair of black PJ shorts and a blue shirt, whilst Valka was in her blue frilly underwear, along with a translucent blue nightgown that reached down to just above her knees.

"So, which is the quickest way to get to the Mystery Machine downstairs?" Braedey asked, looking left and right around the hallways.

~*~*~

Soon, the two Martins began to make their way down the stairs of the castle, trying to make their way down to the ground floor, and find the Mystery Machine.

"Okay, just in the sense that we're lost, the way down to the Mystery Machine is right around the corner." Braedey looked to his left with the torch in his hand, but it looked to be a dark hallway. "Nope. That's not the way to the front door. That's a hallway."

"A dark spooky hallway." Valka added.

"Let's keep going." Braedey continued down the hallway, Valka just behind him. "This must be the right way."

"There are no monsters. There are no monsters." Valka said to herself. "There are no monsters." But then, a shadow of what could be a claw appeared over her face, making her look over. "What's that?!"

"Who goes there?!" Braedey spun around on his heel, aiming the torch at what the shadow was. He then sighed at what it was.

"Oh

"Oh. Its just a tree branch knocking against a broken window. Come on, let's keep going." With that, the two Martins continue their way through the castle.

As they do so, the two saw what looked to be a set of doors ahead. The roof above them was dilapidated and rotting away, but they were so lost, they didn't know which way was the front door to the castle.

"Do you think that's the way out?" Valka asked.

"One way to find out."

Braedey stepped forward, but as he does so, the floorboards creaked and groaned from the pressure. The two froze in place, not daring to move. Then, they heard the sound of squeaking up above. They look up, and they could see millions of little red dots on the roof