Valentine Surprises

The next morning Celeste was still a little peeved about what happened with Samantha. She tried desperately not to let it get to her. That girl wasn’t worth her thoughts so she would let her consume them. As Celeste got ready she could smell breakfast cooking and guessed that Aaron must be making breakfast she thought. Checking the time Celeste noticed that she had just enough time to eat breakfast and get to school. It would be a fast sitting though. 

Since it was Valentine’s Day Celeste dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans (wearing a white pair was just screaming for it to get dirty) a red off the shoulder top and red wedges. Running the brush through her hair one last time Celeste rushed out of the bathroom and to the kitchen. Aaron was just setting down the last plate of food when she entered the room. With a smile he pulled out a seat for her. Celeste smiled and laughed at her brothers act of being a gentleman. Shaking her head Celeste sat and Aaron pushed her seat in.

“Happy Valentine’s Day sis,” Aaron grinned taking his own seat.

“You really need a girl friend,” Celeste smiled “This is the kind of stuff you would do for her, not your sister.”

“Yeah, well I’m fresh out of girl friends so you’re all I’ve got,” he shrugged digging into his meal.

Celeste rolled her eyes “Why don’t you date?” she asked tucking into the breakfast Aaron had made, which was really good.

“I don’t have time.” Aaron replied 

“You work to much,” Celeste sighed then let the subject drop.

It was no use getting into the whole relationship conversation with her brother. She never got anywhere with it anyway. Celeste really wanted her brother to at least go on a date with someone. He hadn’t been with anyone in five years, it was really sad. All she wanted was for him to be happy. 

Maybe I should make him an online dating profile.’ she thought finishing her breakfast.

“You better stop that thought right now,” Aaron warned taking a sip of his coffee.

“What thought?” Celeste asked smiling innocently

“Don’t try to pull the innocent look with me. I know you better then anyone, so I know you’re planning something.” Aaron said narrowing his eyes at her. “You know I liked you better when you were constantly reading,”

“Why?” Celeste asked

“Because you weren’t scheming like I know you’re planning on doing.” Aaron replied 

Celeste huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. “Fine, I wont scheme it just go on a date.”

“I don’t have time to date,” Aaron said 

“No, you just wont make time,” Celeste pointed out and stood from the table. “Aaron, I love you, but I’m not a little girl anymore. You’ve done enough for me already it’s time you do something for yourself.” 

Celeste kissed her brother on the cheek and walked out of the house. Her bag and keys dropped from her hands as she took in the sight of her car. There were balloons tied to the mirror on the drivers side door and a dozen roses held up by a teddy bear on the hood. Coming out of her shock Celeste picked up her things and walked over to the car. There was no note left with the flowers but she had a pretty good idea who they were from. Untying the balloons from the mirror Celeste placed them in the back seat along with the bear and roses.