Chapter Three

Alex looked up and saw Meredith a few meters away with tears in her eyes staring intently at him. The pain his heart felt was immense and he knew that this was his fault. If he didn't kill Granary and instead merely fought him off, then she wouldn't have to feel this.

"Why?" Meredith asked as tears fell from her eyes. Her hands clutched together pressing into her chest. "Why is this happening?" She added as she took a step towards Alex. 

"I'm so sorry." Alex said with his pain evident within his voice. He too took a few steps towards her until they were mere inches apart. Careful not to touch her. "I will fix this. I promise you that, my magnificent Mate. I will fix this."

Meredith seemed to calm slightly at the words that Alex spoke but the pain within her remained. All she wanted to do was touch him. Kiss him. But she now knew that she had to keep some form of distance.

"How?" Meredith asked as she looked into Alex's golden eyes. "Why is this happening to us?"

"This is my fault. I shouldn't have killed him." He told her honestly. He immediately knew that he would keep nothing from her and instead come clean about the entire ordeal if she asked.

"Killed who?" Meredith asked confused and slightly frightened when she had just heard that her fourteen year old Mate speaking about killing someone.

"He is known as Granary Vanar." Alex began his tale. "He is the originator for evil. One of the first of the universe's beasts. A great serpent with the scales of the galaxies themselves." Alex chuckled as he lifted his right hand to her left cheek. Careful not to touch her, he merely let the heat of their proximity quell both their needs. "I watched him kill you in front of my eyes. I became outraged. I couldn't care less if I died or not. So I did whatever I could. I used everything I had at my disposal to kill him, not knowing the outcome that awaited."

"This is..." She began but trailed off when she saw the resolute look in his eyes.

"The outcome was a curse that is enough to bring fear to all who hear it. Not even the other gods themselves are brave enough to kill Granary. But I didn't know. So I killed him. Dying in the process. A glowing energy orb brought me back to this time because of the curse.

"The magic the curse wields is a great thing indeed. It took me almost three years back in time, and took the touch of my Mate from me. But as I have said previously I will fix this." Alex ended as he lifted his left hand to her right cheek mirroring his other hand. The look of content on Meredith's face was enough to send shivers down Alex's spine.

"But this is a little much. How can this be possible?" She asked with her eyes closed, relishing in the heat his hands provided her. Hers grabbing the front of his shirt tightly, not touching him in the slightest. It would seem that it is the physical touch that repels them and not the clothes that they wear.

"It is because it is." He told her honestly. "And there are a few things you should know. Can I tell you on the way to the pack house?" He said as he dropped his hands to the hem of her shirt, playing with it as he stared into her eyes.

"Okay." She said as both turned towards the pack house and began to walk slowly, with Alex coming clean of everything. Just before they set out, he quickly shifted back into his human form as it was becoming a little of a nuisance to wander around with wings.

He told her who he was. About his family. Mother, father, and brother. He told her in length about the bond they had. About who they were meant to become. About what his brother had planned for them. About the four kings. Her expression becoming shocked when she found out about Luther. The werewolf king who had yet to reveal himself.