Chapter Four

Alex watched as his mother vanished into a white mist. Knowing that she would vent her anger about this situation to her husband. His father. The god king. One thing he knew was that he did not want to be in his father shoes at the moment.

He turned to Meredith who still had the pained look she had before, plastered across her features. Although she had just found her Mate, the circumstances were far less than desirable. She turned to see Alex looked at her with his own pain evident behind his eyes but the knowing look on his face hurt her the most. He blamed himself for this. He blamed himself for almost taking her Mate from her. That is what hurt her most.

"Meredith?" Alpha Richards voice broke out still holding the shake of fear that was present when the Moon Goddess made her appearance. His voice snapped Meredith out of her trance. Turning to look at him, anger grew present upon her features.

"Did you just order me to reject my Mate?" She asked with anger filling her voice. A side of her that made Alex proud. The dominance she was showing spoke directly to his inner beast. The beast of a god. A soft smile curled upon his lips as he watched her.

"I... uh..." Alpha Richard  began but failed to get the rest of the sentence from his lips. But then he seemed to gain some of his Alpha pride back as the fear shrank away. He seemed to think that with the Moon Goddess gone, that he was the apex predator within this area. "You cannot expect me to want my own daughter with an Omega. You know as well as I that an Alpha deserves a normal wolf. A wolf with power. Not some spare pack wolf."

"So you still want me to reject him?" She asked wanting to hear his answer. Wanting him to confirm her understanding of the matter. The revelation that would confirm her understanding on the type of man her father was.

"He is not like us!" Her father shouted as his Alpha pride made itself present at the forefront of his facade. "He doesn't deserve to mixed his line with an Alpha's. The Moon Goddess was obviously wrong. Just look at him!" He shouted and turned his body and lifted his right arm to indicate towards Alex. His anger and disgust clearly evident within his words. This affected Alex far more than he wished.

Anger flooded his body as he turned his attention from his Mate to Alpha Richard. The blatant insult towards his line as well as the insistence towards the rejection pushed him over the edge. His wolf coming to the forefront as he felt his power wash through him. The fact that the pack stood behind the Alpha was no far from his mind. His sights purely focusing the Alpha before him.

He could feel the familiar pain of the transformation take hold as his body hunched forward. The first to go were his shoulders as they popped out of their sockets before they reattached. The rest of his bones snapping and reforming over and over again as they grew longer.

A grunt of pain left his lips that quickly turned into a ferocious growl. He found himself on all fours as the transformation fed on his anger. Fed on his will to put the puny Alpha in his place. Since he couldn't control the rest of his powers, he put everything he had into the single wolf attribute he held.

His wolf grew in height until he towered over the Alpha. Gasps and muffled screams sounded out as they watched the monster that Alex had transformed into. A wolf with a size that every single werewolf thought impossible. Not even the king himself would be this big.

The Alpha visibly shaken at the turn of events as he stared into the golden eyes of the giant wolf before him. His pride quickly forgotten as he took a few steps back. That single action he made already having an affect on the pack wolves behind him. The loyalty and pride they shared with him as their Alpha was taking a bit hit. An Alpha should not show fear.

Alex took a step forward as he let out a growl that shook the trees behind him. Sent shivers down the spines of all living creatures within the area. Steam erupted from his open mouth as the look of anger pierced the heart of the Alpha, pinning fear to it for the rest of his life.