Home...

Alesia takes a deep breath as Harold pulls up to her house. The lights are on. The silhouette of her mother pacing back and forth in front of the front-window. She follows her movements as she remembers the story she came up with to explain why she never answered her phone.

"Telling her the truth would be easier," Harold says.

Alesia glares at him for a moment before shaking her head, opening the car door. "No,that would be a death sentence."

"It'd be better than the lies."

She barely catches his next words as she slams the door shut. Rolling her eyes, she, mentally prepares for the lecture that is sure to come. She pauses at the front door, looking to the window and her mother once again before turning to find that Harold still waits at curb.Waiting for something that she can't quite name. With a slight wave and a barely there smile, she heads inside.

"Alesia, thank god." Vivian rushes over to engulf her in a hug. There are tears in her eyes, and guilt swamps Alesia. Swallowing the lump that is forming, she hugs her mother back. Vivian latches onto her daughter's face, forcing Alesia look at her. "Why didn't you answer your phone, or call me back, or something?"

"Sorry, mama, my phone died and I forgot my charger." The lie slips out like venom and she quickly looks away to avoid her mother's accusing stare.

Vivian scoffs. "And you couldn't pick up Jenna's phone. She has my number right?" "I didn't think about that mama. I'm sorry." Alesia hopes to finish this conversation and run up stairs. She doesn't like lying to her mother. Every part of her repelled by the idea.

However, here she stands, telling her story, and wondering how the truth would be better. What would her mother think about this weekend? Where she stayed?

'No, no, she would go ballistic, Alesia thinks. Shaking off the idea before it fully forms.

"Well your home now, that's all that matters." Vivian pushes back the hair from Alesia's face.

Alesia smiles, thankful that her mother accepts the lies. Even if she doesn't believe them. She accepts them. Vivian kisses her on the forehead, lingering there for a moment to whisper, "I'm glad you're home" before sending her to her room.

Alesia gladly accepts the order, flopping down on the bed the moment she enters her bedroom.

Her eyes close and soon enough back in her nightmares. Where someone is lying on top of her, pressing down on her. His cologne continues  clogging her senses until she coughs. Choking the essence.

"Shh," he whispers, jerking Alesia from sleep. Daniel's shadow looms over her as she pushes at his very real form. Using everything inside of her to get him off.

"Nowdon't be like that baby/" Daniel grabs her arms, pinning them tothe mattress while one hand strokes her cheek "I'vewaited all weekend so that I could talk to you."

She jerks from the touch, allowing him to see the hate that she holds for  him at this moment. "Get out."

"Come on Alesia. You know I love you. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"The hell you didn't." She snaps, attempting to break his hold by kicking her knees up. Daniel pushes himself on her more, pinning her legs down so that her attempts become pointless.

Alesia continues squirming, forcing her body to move even as his weight bares down on her. Finding it useless, she turns to her bedroom door and screams. Using every bit of her lungs in hopes her mother will hear her.

Daniel continues running his hand down her cheek, across her neck and finally combing through her hair. "You know what hurt, Alesia?"

Tears are now streaking down her face as she continues to scream; waiting for her mother to come and save her.