cry for you.

KayKay

I sat looking at the stage. This award show was packed! I watched as the officers filled the stage and I rolled my eyes.

Rumor has it that, the atl officers who were involved in the school shootings last year were getting rewarded.

I don't get why. I just wish people knew the fucking truth. My whole family was here. They show up every year. Arielle, and uncle Aug skipped out this year. They were spending time with another. Probably mourning from maw maw. Those two were so close and so the same. It was so amazing. It's like uncle Aug birthed his own child out.

Ever since there situation a year ago they've been closer then ever.

When Ari stays over his house the both of them would just stay up talking on and on.

"We just want to take time out of this award show to thank the ATL officers who saved the lives of many children and teacher, along with staff. You guys risked your lives to protect others and make sure they were safe. So we thought we'd do the honor and give you guys this award"

People were clapping and standing. My family, they were clapping. I was sitting. Auntie Key kept looking at me, along with grandpa Dontell. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Just leave her I'm not dealing with it tonight. Why don't you go sit with her two friends over there." Grandma karmin said

I looked and seen three guys all the way to the left sitting down. I noticed Fizz. He was looking goooood. Shit, both of them were. Suit, gucci loafers, gold shinning everywhere. You had Geo in all black. Black everything. Black pants, black button up.... jeesh. He was just fine ALL OVER. Then there was Fizz. He had on a blue button up, and then...Raquel? I frowned. I swear he moved. I hadn't seen him in a long time. Yo.

Raquel. He was wearing this brown button up top, he was fine. All of them just stood out. The three of them sat as mostly everyone was standing up for these fake ass officer.

Cameras aimed at me, and I could see it in grandpa Dontel's eyes, he was pissed. Royalty was sitting besides me.

"I wonder what Arielle would be doing if she was here" I nodded, "She'd probably be sitting with the finger up" I said

Royalty nodded smiling, "You right"

Cameras went towards Geo, Fizz, and Raquel.

"Did they know about the award?" She asked referring to the three of them.

"Probably"

"Look at the bright side, Christian, Quincy are standing" royalty said my neck snapped towards them

She was right they were standing. They weren't standing with happiness. They stood very serious.

I shook my head, why are they standing. Such followers. At least most black people were sitting. They were my people.

I looked at the stage and seen officer Newman holding the award with all the officers smiling in the back. They had images playing in the background, from the day of the shootings.

"Thank you" he said

"Wooowwoooo" people shouted

People think his ass is innocent as fuck. Half of America thinks he saved Arielle. While the other half hates his ass and is protesting. That half is woke. The other half thinks he's the reason why Jamal is fighting for his life. That half is my people too. They know shit happened in that school that no one is revealing.

"I first wanna say thank you,we all do. I also wanna say I got my job back."

Lights went off right after that. Everything went off. People frowned. We seen the screens behind the officers that were projecting the pictures go black. The screens started displaying a black american flag. With a black fist in the middle.