What She's Been Waiting For

Arielle

I was down on my knees praying. Praying for things to get better, praying for life to get better, praying for the people around me to heal. Just prayed that light will come again.

Fizz

I knocked on her door and waited. I was about to knock again when her roommate opened the door.

"Oh.. hello" she said

"Hey, can I see Nancy?" I asked

"Fizz, right?" She asked

I nodded

"Yeah"

"...she doesn't want to see you, I'm sorry" she was about to close the door but I stopped her

"Please, I just need to talk to her."

She sighed looking at me.

"Hold on, lemme go ask" she closed the door and I waited in silence

The door opened and her roommate appeared.

"I'm sorry."

It was silent and she was about to close the door again until I stopped her.

"C-can you just give these to her" I held the box of pizza and salad giving it to her and then I handed her the bag.

"That's it right?" She asked

"Yea.. I have more stuff but I'll drop them by another time" she nodded

I thanked her then she closed the door. I walked to my cat and once I was inside I banged my hand on the steering wheel multiple times outta frustration.

My head leaned on the steering as I pouted. Judge me all you want but I fucked up. Bad. Now I got a son in the way that I won't be able to see.

I buckled my seatbelt and drove off turning the radio on. I called Kim multiple times for the past few days but she's been ignoring me. I pulled my phone out and dialed her number again today.

"This number had been disconnected"

I drove silently listening to the radio

"Arielle Aslina called to court again. Judge reopens case between officer Norman and Jamal Evans"

I frowned

Karmin

"Amen" we all said letting go of one another's hands.

We all were seated around the table in silence. Just silverware moved. Wilson was gone. His mother finally took him. But right now, I kinda wish he was here just so that something would be happening.

I seen Jesus stand up and was about to walk away until I looked at him.

"Jesus where are you going?" I asked

"I'm not hungry" he said getting ready to walk off

"Yea me neither" Tyla said standing up

"Both of you sit down." Dontell said

They looked at him

"We are a family. It's dinner. We sit together, we eat together" I said

"How are we a family if one is missing" Jesus mumbled

"Boy you betta watch yo mouth at this table" Darnell warned

I found it so sexy when Darnell talked like that. He always had the Hispanic in him but like when we were younger whenever he was angry he'd be more hood with a luh bit of Hispanic but mostly hood. Ever since we got back together I was waiting for him to just start turning hood on everyone. He'd do it sometimes, but that was only when he was around me. When he was around everyone else he'd just be regular.