• 13 •

[ A/N: Ah, my cutie cinnamon roll~~~ ;u; This chapter will have a different perspective, hope y'all don't mind ^w^ ]

The hospital room was dead silent. The only sounds were the steady ticking of the mounted wall clock, the slow beeping of the heart monitor, and the occasional 'whoosh' of passing cars on the street below. The room was lit by a single white light at the head of the hospital bed. It was just past midnight as evident not only by the clock but also by the large window's display of a near sleeping city.

Yuki was sat in a chair that had been pulled up to the hospital bed, his body hunched over and his arms crossed on the side of the mattress like a makeshift pillow for his head which rested on them. His chest rose steadily, slowly, indicating that he was sound asleep.

It had been weeks and still the girl laying on the bed hadn't woken up. The doctors were slowly losing hope. But not Yuki. He continued to visit her every day just as he had said he would and stayed nights on the weekend just to spend more time with her. He wouldn't accept her as head. As long as her heart still beat, she wasn't dead.

However. Slowly, and painfully, the girl began to shift in the bed. Her bones and muscles ached from lack of movement for weeks and she didn't want to open her heavy eyes. Because when she did, she was nearly blinded by a bright white light. Her head was barely able to turn itself slightly to the side in order to avoid this light and painstakingly open them again. The first thing she noticed was a dirty blond mess of hair that contrasted with the white cleanness of the room.

"Yu...ki..." her throat was dry and coarse, causing her voice to be somewhat croaky and weak. Never the less, Yuki heard her, his head shifting as he woke up. As soon as his eyes locked with hers, they began to glisten with signs of tears. He was dumbfounded, so to speak, shocked that you had woken up. "Go... home..." She meant that it was late and that he should head home but she was too hazy to articulate it. "(Y/N)... (Y/N), you're awake...!" Yuki seemed to disregard you comment, bubbly tears now overflowing as he squeezed his eyes shut, "You liar...!" He sniffed, trying in vain to wipe away the tears with the sleeve of his jacket.

"Yu...ki..." (Y/N)'s voice, though still rough, now held a bit of sadness. Using as much strength as she could, she brought a hand up and lightly patted his head, meaning some form of an apology, "So..rry..." Yuki sniffed again, lifting his eyes to meet hers. He still seemed angry but also immensely worried and sad. "I-idiot..." he hiccuped, holding her palm against his cheek, "Why would you say sorry? You didn't do anything...!" She gently pressed her palm against his cheek, wiping away more tears and giving him a sad smile. "So...rry..." she repeated.

"Why did you do it?" He whimpered, eyes downcast, "Why did you try to kill yourself?" His voice nearly choked at the words, the thought of losing you terrified him and he shut his eyes again, more tears flowing down his red cheeks. (Y/N) watched him for a while. She wanted to explain to him, to ease his worries, but she was in no condition to say anything. 'It's my fault, I'm sorry.'

After a while, she closed her eyes. "Tired..." she mumbled, her hand slowly left his cheek. The irony was nearly laughable, really. Yuki called in a doctor and a nurse escorted him out as they began to help her recover fully. She was released the next day.

[ A/N: Urgh, I know it's short. I'm sorry T-T my french teacher has been horrifically stressing me out by saying that on a random day of the week we'd have a writing and speaking exam so fuck my life right about now... Anyways, I hope you sinners enjoyed what little of a chapter this was ^^ I might completely revise it in the future, I don't know. ]