• 24 •

[ A/N: Haahhh~ It's been such a long week of depression and stress, I don't wanna go baaaack... T^T I've roughly planned out the events that'll occur within the next 1-2 chapters depending on how long each scene ends up being but idk why I'm telling you all this. You're just here to enjoy the story so, tada~! I hope you like it! ^//w//^ ]

A bright orange glow had already spread itself across the sky by the time you all left the karaoke place. Katsuo and Fumio had already come down from their sugar high, however they remained just as energetic as ever. Juzo thanked the manager as he left and followed behind the group along side you. Yuki was occupied with his friends a little ways ahead. The two of you walked in silence, just observing as Katsuo chased Fumio in circles around Yuki who just laughed sheepishly. Miyuki was on the sidelines, yelling pointlessly at her brother in a huff.

They acted like children and yet, while you expected this behavior to be irritable, you found it rather charming. Noticing that Juzo was beside you, the silence finally set on your shoulders. You felt it necessary to say something. "U-um..." you started, already regretting how you stuttered before even uttering a word. Juzo's eyes shifted to the side to face you, as if silently telling you that you've received his attention. "Th-thank you, for taking us here..." you fiddled with the hem of your sleeves, "I-it was nice."

At your words, you were surprised to see Juzo smile. "I'm glad you had fun, [L/N]-san." It was somewhat expected that he spoke so formally but at the same time, it felt a bit odd as well. You bit your lip, daring to offer him the choice. "Y-you could call me [Y/N] if... i-if you'd like." You squeaked, lowering your head in embarrassment. "B-but if you're u-uncomfortable with it, y-you don't have to..!" You quickly added, with a flustered expression. Why did you constantly have to make such a fool of yourself?

Your head quickly snapped up, however, when you heard a low chuckle beside you. "[Y/N]-chan it is, then." He announced, petting your head. You felt a light sense of glee bouncing in your chest and a small smile made it's way to your lips. Thank you.

- - - -

"Goodbye, [Y/N]-chan~!" Fumio waved to you and Yuki as the rest of the group started heading in the opposite direction. "Don't try anything dangerous, Yuki!" Katsuo teased and got a punch in the arm from his sister. Juzo merely nodded and the two groups parted ways. Dusk was settling on the city just as the street lamps flickered to life. Warm orange lights became more apparent from behind the windows of nearby buildings and cars became less common on the streets as the two of you drew closer to Yuki's house.

"Thank you for today, Yuki." You smiled gently, finding it easier to breath now that it was just you and him. It wasn't that you disliked Yuki's friends but it was a lot of people to interact with at once for you and it was just relaxing to be able to calm down a bit. Yuki grinned brightly, bumping shoulders with you in a gentle manner. "My pleasure," he said, a light bounce in his step, "I'm glad you had fun~"

As the two of you walked, Yuki's fingers gently nudged yours. He whistled and glanced up towards the sky, acting oblivious as his warm hand effortlessly slipped into your cold one. "Ah-" You made a small, involuntary noise of surprise, the two of you exchanging flustered expressions as Yuki gave you a sheepish smile, scratching the back of his head. But his hand quickly warmed yours up and you felt just the slightest bit lighter as something tugged faintly at your heart. You grew comfortable, leaning your head against Yuki's arm as your drowsiness began to show.

"Are you tired?" Yuki asked gently with a small smile. You nodded in response, cuddling closer. Yuki suddenly stoped walking, halting your movements as well. You looked at him curiously. "I could carry you if you'd like~" he offered. You opened your mouth to protest however, instead of waiting for a response, Yuki had already turned around and lifted you onto his back, his hands gripping to the underside of your legs as they sat on both sides of his waist. Your face grew beat red but your were forced to wrap your arms around his shoulders to prevent falling off. "Th-thank you..." you mumbled shyly, voice muffled as you buried your head in the area between your arm and his neck.

"Waa, you're as light as a feather!" Yuki laughed brightly at your flustered behavior, a light blush dusting his cheeks as well. "[Y/N]-chan is so adorable~" You made an audible whimper, your ears turning a bright red as you buried your head even further. 'Adorable...?' You thought, 'How embarrassing...'Satisfied with his teasing, Yuki decided to let you get some rest, still laughing to himself.

The moon was beginning to rise as he walked up the sidewalk and into his neighborhood. You had fallen fast asleep on his back, breathing softly beside him. Occasionally he'd here you whisper a small apology in your sleep.Were you dreaming? 'You really are too kind, apologizing when something isn't your fault, [Y/N]...' Yuki thought, 'You'll get hurt acting like that.' As if on cue, you muttered another small, guilty apology. "Sorry..." you sighed under your breath before drifting back into wherever your dream world took you. Yuki smiled softly, "I suppose you can't help it, can you...?"

- - - -

Yuki entered his home quietly, making sure not to wake you. He gently slipped off both of your shoes and laid them down before taking off his own and bringing you up to your room. He gingerly slipped you off his back and onto the soft mattress of your bed. "N-nn..." you stirred slightly but didn't wake, your expression returning to it's calm state. Yuki made sure you were in a comfortable position before lifting the covers over your form. He tucked a couple loose strands of your hair behind your ear before laying a small kiss on your forehead. "Sweet dreams, [Y/N]-chan...~"

[ A/N: Ah gahd, I really don't wanna go back >^< Ugh... Anyways, I don't wanna be sour sport in front of all you beautiful sinners~ I hope this chapter was enjoyable! I'm, yet again, too tired to proof read so you'll have to forgive any mistakes, sorry ^3^; I'll see you all in the next chapter~! ♡ ]