• 14 •

[ A/N: I'm back~! Sorry this is late but my family went on a road trip. We're taking another one tomorrow so I'm really sorry about updates! I didn't plan for this to happen! (I hate road trips...) T^T ]

You woke up facing the window, a familiar feeling of warmth as light poured into the room you currently occupied. The familiar scent of wood told you it was Yuki's house. The blanket was neatly draped over your frame. It seems you didn't move much in your sleep. You groaned, rolling to your right in order to alleviate the pressure on your injured arm. Your hair was spread around your pillow as you faced the ceiling, bringing your left arm up with as much effort as you could to examine the bandages comfortably wrapped around your forearm as well as play with the specs of dust made visible by the sun's rays. You didn't remember walking home from the hospital... Did Yuki carry you..? Too much strain and a jolt of pain suddenly shot up your arm, cutting off your thought. "Nng..." you brought down your hand to rest on your stomach.

You laid in silence for a while, listening to your own breathing, noticing how quiet the house was. Yuki must be out, it was the weekend so school couldn't have been an option. A quick glance at the calendar told you that. You sat up, looking around the still room. Despite being gone for so long, nothing much seemed to change. Dust didn't line the shelves and the floor seemed virtually spotless. Did he maintain your room as well...? You picked up your phone from the night stand, unplugging it from the charger and turning it on to view the time.

11:30

Using your good arm to help you, you got up off of the bed and headed for the bathroom to clean yourself up. The warm water helped to relax your aching muscles. It was nice to get the grime off of you after having been motionless on a hospital bed for the past couple weeks. Drying up and putting on new clothing, you debated how to re-wrap the bandage on your arm. You haphazardly wrapped it around your arm, resulting in it looking messy and feeling less comfortable. You sighed, deciding just to bear with it for the day.

Yuki still wasn't home so you decided to wander around the house a bit, ending up in the small open garden that was at the center of his house. A feeling of déjà vu as you sat next to the small pond, watching the koi. You became so transfixed by them that you failed to notice when Yuki had returned. "Oh, you're awake~!" He chirped, causing you to jump, whipping your head around to face him. He took notice of your bandages and laughed. Shivers ran down your spine at the familiar sound of his laugh, feeling an involuntary wave of warmth wash over you. "Come on, I'll help you," he grinned, heading for the living room as you followed.

He placed the small plastic bag he had with him on the coffee table and sat on the couch, taking out a role of gauze from it. You timidly sat next to him, blushing at how gentle he was when he took your arm. "Sorry I took so long, the lines were long at the store," he gave you a sheepish smile as he gently wrapped up your forearm. His thumb brushed over the faded scars on your wrists and he paused for a moment. You began to panic a bit, afraid he might yell at you. Instead, he just averted his gaze and kept going. "All done~" he chirped, putting the rest in the plastic bag and the old bandage aside to throw away later.

He suddenly grew a little nervous, stuttering lightly, "Um... A lady from your house came by today," he started, still holding onto your hand, "She.. uh... she brought these..." He held out a plastic orange bottle with your name on the label. You felt your stomach sink as you took the bottle from his hand, holding back from shaking as you read the white sticker.

Antidepressants.

"Thanks..." you mustered a small smile, wrapping your hand around the circumference of the bottle to get the label out of sight. Yuki lightly squeezed your hand to comfort you and returned your smile, but even you could see the sadness in his eyes.

You were taken back slightly as you felt him press his lips on your forehead, using his other hand to hold the back of your head. A light blush dusted his cheeks when he pulled away, "Hehe, my mother used to tell me that kissing a wound makes it heal faster, so..." he chuckled lightly, scratching the back of his head. You lowered your head, hiding your heavy blush. "I-I've never heard of that..." you muttered, fiddling with the hem of your shirt.

He brought his hand to your chin and lifted your head up to face him. "I'll try extra hard to help you so don't ever feel like you're alone, alright?" He smiled reassuringly and tucking a couple strands of your hair behind your ear. You blushed, nodding meekly. "Good," he grinned, pulling you into a warm hug, "I'm glad..."

[ A/N: Oh lord, I'm so happy I managed to finish this before I have to leave for the trip T^T Ugh, wish me luck! I may lose my mind... ;u; ]