• 25 •

[ A/N: Urgh, it's been over a month since my last update, I apologize T^T It's weird because I had the chapter planned out WAY WAY back but for some unfathomable reason, I didn't get around to writing it... I'm sorry my sweet sinners! >^< ( the song can be played throughout the story~ ) ]

Yuki awoke to the sound of chirping birds just outside his window as streams of warm sunlight peaked through his curtains, lighting up the bedroom in a soft yellow glow. The plants surrounding his room looked bright, their green hue seeming to hug the gentle white walls, growing towards the sunlight. It seemed as if the world was coming back to life with every moment he regained consciousness. Reaching an arm out, he found it unusual that the other half of his bed was empty, and that you were gone. Yawning, he managed to slowly get up, sluggishly slipping off his covers and shuffling down the stairs.

By the time he reached the bottom, a sweet childish giggle greeted him from the other room. "Daddy's awake~!" A small boy cheered, rushing out from the kitchen and into his arms. Yuki happily picked up the boy with a chuckle, noticing breadcrumbs littering his mouth. "Did you have a good breakfast?" He asked, resting the boy on his hip before heading into the kitchen. He grabbed a napkin from the table with his free hand and gently wiped his son's mouth. The boy wrinkled his nose at this but smiled. "Mhm! Mommy makes the best pancakes!" He chirped, throwing his hands in the air to emphasize his point.

"I guess I have no choice but to try some~" Yuki laughed, placing him back in his chair before turning to look towards the kitchen counter. There you stood, your back to him, soft [H/C] hair pinned up in a simple, loose bun, by a silver floral pin. A couple stray locks slipped down your exposed neck, seeming to rest perfectly over your petit shoulders. The same gentle sunlight peered through a mosaic that hung over the sink window, painting your soft skin and the walls around you in an array of serene and bright colors. You wore the same flowing sundress he had bought you so long ago under a simple white apron. A bowl of pancake batter was being mixed in your arms and the humming of your soft voice filled the warmly lit room, reverberating off the walls while little harmless specks were illuminated around you by the sunlight.

"Good morning~" Yuki chimed tiredly, wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his head on your shoulder. His heart jumped giddily as he heard your melodic laugh next to his ear. "Good morning~" you hummed in reply, placing down the bowl to cuddle up to him and interlock his fingers with yours. Yuki blushed lightly, chucking sheepishly when you lightly kissed his cheek. "S-so... I've been told you're making some killer pancakes," he teased.

"Is that so? I feel honored~" you laughed, amused by both his adorable reaction and bazaar phrasing of words. Yuki watched as you prepared his breakfast. He had offered to help but you assured him that you'd be fine. "It's your day off, the last thing I want is for you to work~" You placed his plate down in front of him an placed a kiss on his cheek. "I'll get ready for school." You hummed, helping the boy off his chair before exiting the kitchen, holding his hand.

- - - -

Yuki sat reading on the couch, you sitting between his legs with you back leaned comfortably against his chest. You had your own book in your hand, though Yuki couldn't read the title. A pair of adorable glasses were perched on your nose, your bright [E/C] eyes focused on the words in front of you. On occasion, your expression would alter slightly, your mind enraptured by the conflicts in the story. On the other hand, Yuki's own book was failing to capture his interest so he simply placed it down on the nearby coffee table after marking a page with the intention of continuing later. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you towards him, burying his face in your rich [H/C] locks. They felt even softer than they looked.

With his eyes closed, Yuki focused on the sounds around him. The rusting of tree leaves just outside his window, your soft breathing syncing with the rise and fall of your chest, the subtle swishing of paper as you flipped a page, and the faint fluttering of the curtains as a cool spring breeze entered their home. Yuki suddenly heard you shut your book and place it on the table on top of his. Clicks could be heard as you removed and folded your glasses, placing them down as well. "Is everything alright, love?" You asked, gently stroking his hand to comfort him.