7. A new Beginning

It's now 7:00am Tuesday Morning and I had spent all yesterday studying for exams coming up and I finally had time to go to the gym.
I looked in the mirror at my outfit wondering if it were too revealing. I wore a short black pencil skirt and a red button up blouse that showed a bit of cleavage and hugged my curves. I think I look good. Today I straightened my hair and left it down letting it fall freely down my back, part of me was hoping Miss Rose would notice the effort I put into my appearance.

"Good Morning I have a 9:00am appointment with Miss Rose" I stated to the snobby receptionist.
"Yes she's expecting you go right in" she mumbled without making any effort to look interested. I walked confidently and pushed the doors to her office open.
"Miss Rice it's a pleasure to see you. Please take a seat" She looked extra vibrant today. Cigarette in hand she sat on her desk in front of the chair I now sat in.
"Have you thought about the job offer at all Miss Rice?" It was strange not hearing her call me Melanie but we were back at work now it had to be formal.
"I did and thank you so very much for the opportunity" I really was so thankful
"I take that as a yes then?" She smirked at me as she moved the cigarette back to her lips.
"Yes and it came at the right time I'm being evicted next month and needed a more stable job" I smiled kindly
"Oh right I haven't quite explained everything to you" Miss Rose had a slight look of concern on her face and moved to sit behind her desk.
"It'll be a live in position. I'll need you there for all dinners,  parties and late night conference calls.  You'll live in your own part of the house have your own bedroom,  bathroom and study.. Will that be a problem?" I was speechless for a minute thinking it over. "No that should be fine" truthly I was unsure.
"Fantastic! Now you must know I'll be resigning from the magazine as I have other business ventures I want to pursue I just haven't told anyone else here yet that today is in fact my last day" I wonder if that's why she's so happy today.
"I'll email you my address and you can meet me there at 4:00 bring a few things and we'll start getting your room set up. I want you to be as comfortable as possible" she got out her laptop and started typing.
"Okay thank you again Miss Rose" I said as I started to walk out.
"Oh and Melanie.. That's a ravishing outfit you've got on"
I almost melted on the spot

It's almost 4 and I'm pulling up to her house.. It is absolutely beautiful. It's a large 2 story house with big beautiful windows and garden out the front. Wow this is where I'll be living. I got out the car and made my way to the door. A lady I didn't recognise answered the door.
"Oh sorry I'm looking for Miss Rose" I apologised thinking I was at the wrong house.
"Yes ma'am she's inside. I'm her housekeeper Marge please come in"
I stepped into the wonderfully decorated home. There was a carpeted  stair well in the entrance that Marge directed me to.
"Follow up and take left you'll find Miss Rose"
I made my way up the stairs and was greeted with a big halway. I took my left but there were rooms on both sides of the hallway I didn't know where to go.
The floors were a beautiful white tile and there were paintings on the wall. I stopped to look at one that caught my attention. It looked like two nude women reaching for each other. It almost looked like they had been overcome with lust but were unable to reach each other. The look of desperation on their faces said it all. "Oh how I do love that one" I jumped as Miss Rose appeared next to me. I must have been so obsorbed in the painting I didn't hear her approach me. "It's called Forbidden Desires It's done by one of my favourite French artists. Isn't it just wonderful" she placed a hand on my shoulder and spoke again "Come on let me show you around"
We went further down the hall as she showed me where her office,  library and guest bedroom." Now this is my room" Miss Rose opened the door to show me her room.  It was a large room with a big bed in the middle. "Wow this is beautiful" I said with my mouth wide open. She had a big walk in wardrobe and a window that over looked the back garden.
"Thank you I really do love it here but come on let me show you where you'll stay" I felt her hand on my lower back as she walked me back past the stairs and further down the long hallway.
"There's only 3 rooms on this side. Here you have your office" I walked in to find a big wooden desk, A couch and a shelf full of books. I walked over to the books realising a huge section were law books and text books required to complete my studies. "I gave your school a call and had them send over all the text books you needed and had a few more that you may like sent over" Miss Rose stated like it was no big deal. "Thank you so much but this is all too much ma'am"
She chuckled lightly and led me to my bedroom."Now this is your bedroom" This time she looked nervous.
"T-this is my room?" I asked shocked.. "I'm sorry you don't like it? I chose the colour and furniture but if you don't like it that's okay we can get it all swaped if you like" she rambled on and I couldn't help myself I ran up to her and hugged her I didn't know if I over stepped a mark or not until I felt her relax and rub my back. "Purple is my favourite colour and this is all so beautiful. Thank you" I let go and had a look around.  The bedding and curtains were a deep purple and there were white lamps with flowers engraved on them I couldn't believe how beautiful they were. I also got my own walk in wardrobe and there was a TV on the wall opposite my bed.
"I'll let you settle in darling" She smiled at me and shut the door on her way out.
I smiled looking around room. "I'm home"