Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of my alarm playing she's the tear in my heart by twenty one pilots. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, "ugh" is all said as I hit snooze and rolled over. 10 minutes later .. "she's the tear in my heart, I'm on fire" quickly grabbing my phone and shutting off my alarm. I sit up in bed and rub my eyes grabbing my phone again to look at the time. 5:30 am. If only I could sleep for an hour more. I quickly get up and start my morning routine. Heading to the bathroom I turn the nozzle and make sure the temperature is just right. I quickly wash my hair and myself, turning the nozzle off I I shiver from the warmth being taken away. I walk in front of the mirror and look at my body, I wish I was skinny as I think to myself. I had curves, curves that I absolutely did not like. I wrap the towel around my body and start to brush my teeth. As soon as I finished I headed into my room and started to pick my outfit out for the day. I went to go start on my hair, it was so humid out I decided to just throw it up in a bun and call it good. I applied some light mascara and chap stick. I looked myself over in the mirror and stated "this will have to do" as I walked out of my bedroom.

I walked into the kitchen to grab my lunch and my purse and headed out the front door. I
plugged the aux cord into my phone as soon as I got into my car and knew immediately what I was going to play. A mix of twenty one pilots on my way to work. I was driving to work with minimal traffic singing my heart out. "You'll have to watch me struggle from several rooms away but tonight I need you to stay... do do do do do do" coming to a red light I look to my left and see an older gentleman smirking at me. I felt my face heat up and smiled shyly as I looked forward hoping the light would change any minute. Once it did I sped off taking a right into the neighborhood behind my job. I pulled in to see my boss who was also my aunt already working away. I turn my car off and grabbed my items, I walk inside and clock in. I sent my things down on my desk and take my lunch to the refrigerator. Walking back to my desk humming the run and go in my head. Is it just me or does that song stick in your head?

I turn my computer on and start working. Oh by the way, my names Ashley. I'm 24 years old and I work with the life insurance business. I enjoy my job and all of the perks that come with it. I turn my speakers on as I open the Internet tab on my computer making sure I click the live radio station I listen to in the mornings. "Coming up within the next hour we have tickets to a sold out concert in Kansas, be sure to be caller 10 once you hear the sounder" Big party said on my speakers. I wonder what concert it is I think to myself as I start working. 30 minutes go by and I'm humming to music in my head while my employees start casually walking in.

One of the girls I made good friends with walks over to my desk. "How goes it Ashley, I didn't hear from you last night?" Brittany said looking at me worried. "I'm sorry, I was super tired and just had a chill night watching twenty one pilot videos" I told her not looking up from my work. She sat there for a few minutes before getting up to walk away. "Did you hear they're selling tickets to a sold out concert? Funny thing is, they never mentioned who's concert it is" I looked her as she sat back down in my extra chair. She started to smile and I looked at her confused. "Wouldn't it be funny if it was the twenty one pilots concert in Kansas next week?" She said giggling to herself. "Shit!" I mumbled to myself forgetting about that concert, I was 2 minutes late from buying my ticket as the concert sold out in record time. "That's where the concert is" I told her starting to feel nervous.

"I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard, I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words" twenty one pilots starting playing on the radio and my heart started pounding faster. Brittany looked at me worried. "Ashley, are you alright?" I looked at her with tears in my eyes. "Brittany, what if this is it? What if I can finally go before the tour ends?" I ask her starting to shake. "I'm running to my desk and I'm going to start calling, you start calling as well." She said as she got up and I heard her run to her desk down the hall. "Saying, "Wake up, you need to make money, yeah" as I dialed the second time and getting a busy signal. My heart started pounding. "That was the sounder for the tickets, caller number ten gets to see twenty one pilots live in concert" Jeff Degan said over the radio.

What seemed like forever and constant busy signal I heard them say "what's your name?" "Sandy" "well sandy your caller number 7, thanks for playing dear" party said. I hung up yet again getting a busy time. I picked up the phone and re dialed again. "Hello who's this?" "Brittany" it felt as if I stopped breathing. "Brittany your caller number 9 dear, thanks for playing." "What happened next felt like a blur, Brittany was shaking me saying "Ashley talk!" "Hello?" I said quietly. "Hello, who's this?" I hear on the other end party say excited and a few seconds later over my speakers. "Ashley" I say as my palms start getting sweaty. "Well Ashley, I hope you don't have any plans next week, you're caller number 10!" I was frozen, I literally think my heart fell to my stomach."

"Ashley?" I heard someone call my name, Brittany snapping her fingers in front of my face. "I'm here" I say as I snap back into reality. "Congratulations, dear, Stick on the on phone for us please." Party said as he went on talking about the traffic. I looked at Brittany still in shock. She was jumping up and down clapping her hands. My aunts walks in with her eyebrows furrowed. "What is with all the noise?" She asks upset. "Ashley just won twenty one pilots tickets for next week" she squealed to my aunt. "Well, keep it down girls. There are other people who work here as well." She said and walked away.

10 minutes later I finished giving the radio guys my information and they gave me the address to where I needed to pick up my tickets. "I can't believe this is happening" I tell Brittany shaking my head. "Oh stop! You're so lucky Ashley!" She yelled quietly. A few minutes later she got up to go back to her desk. "I cannot believe I just won tickets to my favorite band" I said to myself. My dreams were coming true, I was finally going to see Josh Dun in person!

*please leave comments on what you think so far! I will try to update 2-3 times a week. No promises though!*