Chapter One

Sora's POV

Everyday people walk by me and ignore me. They don't look, glance, or even notice I'm there. It's like they're afraid to look at me. Like something bad will happen to them if they make even the slightest bit of eye contact. It makes me feel... so alone... so invisible... 

I'm at the point though where I don't mind it as much. It's probably better no one notices me... if they did, they would probably hate what they would see. Probably make fun of me. I'm ugly, stupid, and... gay. 

No one at this school is gay but me. Well... except for my brother, Roxas. He's also gay. But we're the only ones here that's gay. That I know of. We'd probably be beaten for it if anyone found out. 

Roxas is one of the popular kids. He has lots of friends. I wouldn't say they're real friends, but they stick around for him. 

I have no friends. You probably suspected that. 

You're probably wondering why Roxas doesn't share his friends. Well, let me tell you. They don't like me. They took one look at me in grade 9 and judged me right away... they haven't looked at me since. 

I'm in grade 11 now. Still don't have any friends. I have Roxas though. He tends to spend his lunches with me so I'm not alone. I'm thankful for that. 

Today is the first day of grade 11. I have a pretty busy schedule for semester one. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semester One: 

Period One - English

Period Two - Math

Period Three - Philosophy 

Period Four - Physics 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah... that's my semester one. Don't ask why I took Physics. I can't answer that. 

Since it's the first day of school, I woke up early to pack my bag and get all my school supplies ready. I don't have colouring pencils anymore. I used them over the years. My dad doesn't buy us school supplies. We have to use what we have. I only have thirty pages of lined paper left, and around fourteen pages of graph paper. Not a lot. I have one good pencil left, but my sharpener is broken. My backpack is ripped and full of dirt and other substances. Roxas' stuff is the same. 

My dad... he abuses us...though, it seems like he always hits me more. Roxas he likes better. He favourites him, but also hits him at times when he doesn't listen. I obviously get the worst of the punishments. 

He isn't here right now. He usually isn't. He's normally at a bar or some girls house. But when he is home... it's a disaster... 

I rumage through my closet for something to wear. Most of my clothes don't fit me. I mostly wear hoodies and jeans. I never wear short sleeves or tank tops... or shorts... 

I grabbed a dark grey blank hoodie and slipped it on. I slid on a pair of black ripped jeans and put on my black ripped and destroyed converse. 

Roxas and I share the same bedroom. He's in the washroom right now getting ready. So, I sit and wait on my bed, scrolling through my phone. 

Roxas walked out of the washroom, holding his dirty clothes in his hands. He met my eyes with worry. 

"You okay?" He asked me, noticing how I'm just sitting here quietly on my phone. 

I nodded. "I'm fine." 

He sat down beside me and sighed. "Worried about school?"

"No. I have nothing to worry about." I said simply, scrolling through some memes. 

"I guess not..." He said. 

I looked at him sadly. "Is dad home?" 

He shook his head no. "He hasn't come home yet." 

"Okay." I said, standing up and throwing my bag over my shoulders. "We should go." 

"Right." He said, standing up and grabbing his bag from the ground. 

We walked down stairs together, going to the kitchen to see if we had anything to eat. We didn't. As usual. 

Our dad usually gives us some cash to go get groceries. It's never enough to get a lot though. The food goes by quickly in this house due to the lack of it.

So, we headed outside and started to walk to school... where I'll be invisible yet again...

...

Or will I?