~13~

Okay, Indigo.

Alex??? THANK GOD! I MISSED YOU, ELEPHANT.

Actually, its Wis here. This is the longest Alex has ever shunned someone.

oh.

BUT, I can be good too!

sure, Wis.

Okay, Indigo, or how Alex has your contact saved,"The Incredible Indy!" Can I talk to you?

sure, i guess.

Okie dokey, first things first, I have never seen Alex as sad as he is these days. He seems all droopy.

doesn't sound like my Alex.

EXACTLY. You, girl, made Alex seem so much happier every effin day!

:] he made me feel more positive myself.

So, I talked to Alex that day of the phone call.

no duh.

He was all perky and cheerful and then hung up on you.

i remember.

He REALLY cares about you, Wis.

If he cared, wouldn't he effin TEXT ME BACK?

He had a diffrent notification soujd for you so he could immediatly text you back.

Lemme guess. . . It's on mute now.

Well, yessssss, but not my point. He called you kind and funny and considered you the best thing since sliced bread!

wasn't he dissapointed.

INDIGO. SNAP OUT OF THIS TYPING SLOUCH.

HE CARES ABOUT YOU.

SO, SO MUCH.

Nomatter what you say about scaeing people away, he still see's a stunning, beautiful, wonderful young woman.

EXACTLY.

?

Wis, he see's me as some beautful goddess, you said so yourself! When he see's the actual me, it would hurt him so much!

You already hurt him so much! I'm sure your overreacting. You probabaly have a beautiful face.

My face isn't the problem, Wis!

It's my BODY.

What?

I'll explain, but you have to delete every message after you read it, okay???

Okay, I promise.

Before last summer, I was, like, the coolest of the cool in London, where I lived. I was tall, I was pretty, I was well liked! In the summer, I was ready to kick off a modeling career, until it wrnt all downhill.

My dad was a drunk driver. He and I were going out through London for a quick drive and of course, he had drank to much.

Oh god...

The car crashed, Wis. HORRIBLY. It was terrifing. My dad and I were rushed into a hospital.

My dad nearly died, but escaped without a major injury. Me, on the other hand.

I LOST MY LEG, WIS. THEY FIT ME WITH AN UGLY FAKE ONE. MY LEF HAND WAS GARBLED AND THEY REMOVED THAT ONE BUT DIDN'T HAVE A REPLACEMENT FOR IT. MY BODY HAD TINY SCARS FROM THE GLASS AND MACHINERY. I LOOKED HORRID.

From then on, all last year, my friends became my enemies. I was ugly; therefore I was useless to them. My scars, my handlessness, my leg. It scared them all away, Wis!

I lived last year in pain. Agony. I was bullied and hurt. My scar count increased, because I thought self harm was a way out. That is behind me, but not far behind. Only a few steps I could easily refer back too.

My mum sent me to Charlotte, where she grew up, for a break. It's okay. Better than England cuz the people here only see me. They never knew who I was before the accident.

I... I am so, so sorry, Indigo. I had no idea.

How could you have? It's not your fault.

I just... I really, really like talking to Alex. He's an absolutly incredible person, always so sweet and friendly. I don't want to mess it all up.

Like as in, LIKE like, or just like?

LIKE like. Like, really like. He's the first person in the last year to show me kindness, outside of my mum. Dad treated me like garbage.

Alex feels the same way you do. Not about LIKEing him, he isn't sure what he feels yet. But he doesn't want to mess this up.

So you think I should meet him?

I do. But only if you feel comfortable doing so.

I don't, not at all.

But for Alex, I may as well try anyways.

So is that a yes?

Tell him I'm free Tuesday at 3. There was a park nearby, right?

You mean Applewood Park? Yeah.

I'll be there.

Oh, and Wis?

Yes?

Can you give him a bit of a heads up about... me?

Will do.

:D