Chapter Nine: When in Rome

The boys had their shows in Venice and a few interviews here and then. We were scheduled much longer for Italy than France or Spain. We'd already spent a week in Venice by the time they had their last show.

    I remember specifically sitting in the dressing room and talking with Frank. He was putting all of his makeup on and I was on the phone with my sister. This time they had an actual stage. It was awesome.

    "No, no. Seriously. No I'm not making it up, Meadow. No he's right here. Look- he's- good God woman!" I laughed, "Frank, say hi."

    "Hi Bailey's sister," he smiled, putting the X's over his eyes.

    "Ooh. Is that the famed Frank Iero?" she asked smugly.

    "Yes it is," I smiled. "He's getting ready for his show."

    "How does he look?"

    "I don't know. He looks like Frank Iero."

    "Is he cute?"

    My face went red at that. "I- I don't know! How would I know?"

    "Are you two dating?" said her voice, loudly through the phone.

    "Yes!" Frank shouted with a giggle.

    "Oh! Shut up! Don't make an ass of yourself. No, we're not Meadow," I clarified. She 'awwed' at me. "Shut up, you're such a bitch." I laughed at her. We'd made up back when I had called my mom when we first got to Venice. "So how's Grandma?" I wondered.

    "Oh she's fine. She was over the other day. She asked where you were," I could almost here the smirk in her voice.

    "What'd you tell her?" I questioned, an eyebrow raised.

    "Just that you were in Italy. I said you were on vacation."

    Frank started putting his stuff away and a cheery assistant opened the door. She told him that it was time to go on. He got up and told her that he'd be there in a second. I said goodbye to Meadow and spoke with Frank.

    "You coming to watch the show?" he asked me, sitting next to me.

    "Sure thing. Have fun. Good luck," I smiled at him. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and got up, going to the door. I followed him and he held it open for me like a gentleman.

    "Thank you," I smiled, doing a fake curtsy. He laughed at me and shook his head, following the assistant lady.

    The boys met up right behind the stage after going down the line of high-fives. I gave Gerard a hug when I saw him and they began talking.

    "Mikes?" Gee asked him.

    "I don't think I missed one," he said, sighing slightly.

    "It'll be fine." I turned my head toward the voice (which just-so-happened to be Frank) with a raised eyebrow.

    "Mikey has this superstition that if he misses a high-five unintentionally, our show will be perfect. But if he doesn't miss one, something could go wrong, not that it's guaranteed or anything. It's​ just a possibility," Frank explained to me.

    "What do you mean by unintentionally?"

    "It means I can't try to miss one. It just has to happen," Mikey jumped in. I nodded.