Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter 9

Alex

Alex

Dear Nobody,

            Today, I met a boy—a cute boy. A boy who's almost too cute to keep in the friend zone, but I'm sticking to my single and lonely guns. No crushing. No flirting. Just friends.  He tried to ask me for my phone number earlier and totally failed. Some girls like guys who are always on their A-game. I prefer the C and D-listers. They're awkward, shy, and completely hopeless at picking up girls which makes them even more likable. Fact.

         Kai's probably an E-lister at best, so instead of embarrassing him in front of Caleigh and Tanner, I kept things diplomatic and gave him my email instead. He hugged me for it. I can't say I've ever been hugged for giving out my email before, but it was a nice first. A really nice first, but don't tell anybody I said that.

            -Alex

                                                               ***

So, everything I ever read in magazines or saw on TV about LA nightlife was a total lie. I learned this the hard way. Despite Elias's drama, I figured the second Caleigh, Tanner, and I left the hospital we'd head straight to Hollywood, eat at a trendy restaurant, stare at a couple celebrities, and go home satisfied. Tanner said we were going to one of the hottest spots in L.A. to celebrate my first night, so naturally, I was stoked.

I even spent a good twenty minutes, twenty minutes, which is longer than I ever spend on make-up, trying to fix my face in the back of his car. Do you know how hard it was to apply movie star make-up on the 405 freeway?

Impossible.

But I nailed it, only to have my Youtube-worthy skills dashed when we pulled into In-N-Out's parking lot for dinner. If this was the hottest spot in L.A., then I was Paris Hilton. And Paris Hilton sucked.

Last time I visited, Caleigh and I did all the cool touristy stuff--Disneyland, Magic Mountain, the works. But I figured this time around, I'd graduated from basic tourist to too-cool-for-school semi-native who got an all access pass to the best hangouts in the city. Obviously, I was wrong.

            "Alex, are you cool with just doing drive through, tonight? Me and Caleigh are kinda tired," Tanner said.

The hell they were.

The whole car ride over they'd been subtly getting away with hanky-panky like I wasn't sitting in the back. Anytime we hit a stoplight, Tanner would reach over and squeeze Caleigh's thigh, or poke her 'til she'd turn up the radio so I wouldn't hear her giggling.

Believe me, I heard it all—the laughing, the flirting, the disgustingly cute happiness everyone else in the universe seemed to be able to find--except me.  I loved them both, but subjecting me to an hour of PG-13 foreplay was not the ideal ending to my night.