Chapter Forty-Eight

Olympas sniffed a white rose of purity in her dressing room

Olympas sniffed a white rose of purity in her dressing room. She knew she should be readying herself for one of the biggest events of her life, but she could not help but to feel a weariness in her lower abdomen.

Was she doing the right thing?

She'd never been put in this predicament whatsoever, and this was new to her. She'd wished her other half were here to calm the rumbling within the confines of her intestines but, he was too busy with his own endeavors to tend to her, though he would be in attendance of the life changing event. She had never been so perplexed in her life. With all the occurrences happening these past few years, it made her question herself in the moment. But this, was a now or never situation.

A knock sounded at the door of her dressing room, slightly startling her from her own cogitations.

"To whom may it be!" She called from the other side of the door.

"It's me baby!" Mother Morena answered from the opposite side.

Olympas' face graced a smile upon thy lips of she.

"Come in!"

In strutted Morena, shining like the angel above sprinkled angel dust upon her soma. Olympas grinned at her long flowy ivory dress, since she indeed was a bridesmaid.

"Uh uh chile! Why the hell are you not dressed?! Girl you better get a move on, wait-are you having cold feet baby?"

Olympas chortled at Morena's sporadic change of emotions, shaking her cranium.

"No Mother Morena, I am not. I was just doing a little deep thinking and getting anxious. That is all."

"Aww baby," Morena cupped her cheeks in her palms. "there's nothing to worry about! You're about to wed a fine young man y'know! That's a big accomplishment!" She attempted to cheer her up.

"But, I'm thirty now. And I have a three year old. Is he sure he really wants to lawfully wed me? Maybe this was a mista-"

"You shut that up this instant young lady. Now look here, I'm sixty-one years old in physical years. But I'm forever young. Age is a mind frame. Remember that. And, this is no mistake! Otherwise you wouldn't have asked him to marry you now would you've?"

Olympas was silent.

"Exactly."

"I just wish Olympas was here.." She trailed off, glancing elsewhere.

A soft sigh escaped Morena's lips.

"I know he can calm your nerves better than anyone can. I'm sorry he cannot be here right now-"

"It's okay.." Olympas replied, looking down at the engagement ring her fiancé placed upon her finger the exact same moment she proposed to him.

"Look, let me help you put this is on." Morena grasped Olympas' veil.