Part 5

Request: "He wants you dead" HOLY HELL. I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. Now I badly need Sacrifice part 5 ;_; AND Omg!!!!!! Sacrifice part 4 was amazing, when is the next part I can't wait...... You are too amazing AND 7 others

Reader Sex: Female

Reader Gender: Female

Pairing: Lucifer x Reader

Summary: After finding out about Michael's demands, Lucifer tries to find a way to protect the reader.

Word Count: 3,145

Warnings: Nothing much, just a little fighting (and my inability to write a short fic if that's a warning), no smut in this part but there will be in the next part if you guys want the story to continue!

A/N: Ok, I started writing this and then Google docs erased it, so this is the second version. It's supposed to be an "I'm sorry for the cliffhanger in the last part/ set up for the next part if you guys want it to keep going" piece.

Fic:

Little brother, do you honestly think I would let you walk away from this fight. This war is your destiny, our destiny. You cannot simply refuse to fight me, I will not allow it. If you will not fight me willingly, I will force your hand. That mate you have taken, I would venture to guess that you would not want to lose her. Fight me brother, for her sake. I will await your answer. In the meantime, until you accept my offer...

This is a call to all of my brothers and sisters. Whichever of you can bring me the head of Lucifer's mate shall have my eternal gratitude; something that is highly valuable.

"Dead?" you ask.

"This is all my fault," Lucifer says.

"Luci, what are you talking about?" you ask, terror invading your voice.

"Michael won't let this war end, not while both of us are still alive," Lucifer says, "If I don't fight, he'll make me fight by taking you from me. He's never been bonded, but he knows that the death of one's mate is agonizing. He knows I'll fight him to protect you."

"No, you can't do that," you say, "We're hidden here right? We can stay here, you don't have to fight. I won't have you risk your life because of me."

"It's all my fault," Lucifer repeats.

"Why do you keep saying that?" you ask angrily.

"Because I put a target on your back. I chose you as my mate and now Michael knows he can use that against me. He'll hurt you to hurt me," Lucifer says, "I ruined your life."

"Are you kidding me?" you ask, "I chose you too remember?"

"But you didn't know what all of the consequences would be," Lucifer counters.

"Yeah, well neither did you," you say, "And as I recall, I've always had a target on my back. Not only am I a hunter, but I ran with the Winchesters. I don't know about your perspective, but from where I stand, that was never a safe gig."

Lucifer wraps his arms and wings around you and holds you tight against his chest. "I have to fight," Lucifer says.

"No," you say, "You're only giving Michael what he wants, you're playing into his hands, can't you see that?"

"I have to protect you," Lucifer says, irritation leaking into his voice.

"I can protect myself," you say stubbornly.

"And what about our child?" Lucifer asks angrily.

You don't have an answer. Instead, you ask another question, "Does Michael know about him?"