Where's Newt? Pt. 1/2

"Queenie, have you seen Newt? I've searched everywhere and I absolutely can't find him," You drawl, entering the kitchen of the Goldstein sisters' paltry two-room apartment. As you speak your head turns lazily, scouring the larger half of the loft which was essentially a small living room-kitchen combination. You see no sign of the slight man and turn back to the youngest Goldstein.

"No sweetie I haven't seen him. Whatcha need him for?" She peeks up from her stitching pattern curiously. You can't help but notice how small the pattern seems to be and give her a slight smile.

"I was just wondering if he could help me with some housework. I need some things put up in the nursery. I'm a bit behind as you can see," you explain, smoothing your hands over your ballooning belly. "Newt has been working so hard lately to pay for this baby, and I don't want to bother him when he gets home. He's just so tired."

"Oh honey, if you need any help you can always ask us. We're always here for you, ok?" Queenie takes your hands in hers and smiles reassuringly. you nod, returning her smile. She pulls you into a hug, giving you a quick squeeze before turning her attention to your belly. Thirty-eight weeks and she still hasn't calmed down. She even offered to help Newt's mother deliver the baby, because everyone had unanimously agreed that a hospital was out of the question. They were simply too new at delivering children, and far too unsanitary.

"Thanks Queen. Actually, could you help me back home? I know it's only two blocks away but I'm afraid I may fall on the ice," you smile sheepishly, for this wasn't the first time this pregnancy that you needed help getting home. You were less than graceful before you had a watermelon on your abdomen, and it had only gotten worse as the weeks went by.

"Of course. Lets get you home. You know you really shouldn't be out this late in your pregnancy. You could go into labor any day now," She scolded. You shot her an apologetic look and handed her coat over. Once she was all bundled up you headed outside.

"I know, I just can't help it. I can't stand being all cooped up in the house all by myself. I've already gone through the entire house top to bottom, I won't need to clean for weeks!" You exclaim, throwing your hands up in exasperation. As you did so you lost your footing, slipping on a hidden patch of ice. You landed firmly your butt despite the fact that Queenie had braced your fall as much as she could. She had prevented you from getting hurt, landing just hard enough to startle you.

"Oh my goodness, are you alright?! Are you hurt- do you need a doctor?!" Queenie fluttered her hands about you uselessly, too panicked to be of much use. As she helps you up you noticed you must have peed yourself a little in the fall. You grab her arm to calm her, assuring her you were fine.

"Queenie I'm alright. I promise. I'm not hurt, I was just startled is all," She calms down, helping you brush the snow off. You take her arm and she guides you over the ice. You get about halfway home when you realize you still had liquid dripping down your leg.

"Hey Queenie? I think my water broke."