1- Closing the Book

"Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo."

"Third officer reporting."

"The other members of the crew- Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas are dead."

"Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up."

"This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off."

...............................

"Ripley."

I stopped and looked over to see a synthetic that looked like a normal man, but that was normal.

I'm Samantha Ripley, the younger sister of Amanda Ripley. Our mother was Ellen Ripley, the Warrant Officer of the Nostromo, but that was years ago.

When our mother went missing including the commercial starship Nostromo, we started to work in the region of the location she went missing. With no luck.

"I'm Samuels. I work for the company." He said and I looked over at Amanda who turned back around and continued working.

"It's about your mother. I think we may have found her Amanda." I stopped working including Amanda and we got up and looked at him.

"A commercial vessel, the Anesidora, has recovered what we believe to be the flight recorder unit of the Nostromo."

"Where?" Amanda asked as she walked over to the small rec room. "Zeta Reticula." He said as I followed her as Samuels did the same. "What did it tell you?" Amanda asked.

"We don't know. The unit was taken into Sevastopol station. It's proprietorial material, so the company wants it to be collected as soon as possible." He said and I let him go in first and he smiled and nodded at me.

I nodded back as I walked in and looked over at Samuels. Most synthetics made by Weyland-Yutani Corp only have the normal appearance. Pale skin that resembled close to an human's, normal walking patterns, same clothes, no hair, and very limited speech.

But unlike the other synthetics, I almost thought he was a human. He had actually human toned skin, real human hair, eyes that looked like a human's, and actually talked liked us.

"Sevastopol's a supply depot in the region. It's a permanent​ freeport facility."

"I know what it is." Amanda says as she walks over to the coffee maker and grabs a cup.

"Transits arranged. There's a courier ship called the Torrens heading out that way in two days. We're going to travel out in....."

"We?" I asked and Samuels looked over at me. "Me and another exec. And you two, if you're willing."

Amanda looked over at me and gave the cup of coffee to Samuels. If they actually found the flight recorder unit, maybe we'll finally find our mother, or know where she's probably at.

"Look Ripley. When this job came across my desk, I read the case history," Samuels said as he walked closer to us as our back was turned against him.