7- Samuels Is Alive

You're Still Looking, Aren't You? -Samuels

............................

Amanda and I crawled out of the vent and into the hallway. We got up and I looked around to make sure the synthetic wasn't coming back. Amanda then pulls me over and I look up seeing a camera, it's white grid light scanning the area around it.

"After all the things that happened, I don't think we need to be spotted by a camera." Amanda says and I nod thanking her. We walk towards the man's body, but after all the things I saw I'm getting use to dead bodies.

Well that's a thing you don't really hear people say. I'm use to seeing dead bodies to where I don't gag at the sight of them anymore.

I hear the Motion Tracker beep and I take it out seeing that it detected the synthetic, but it was far away. Amanda searched the man's body and she gave me some parts and I take them as she found some more ammo.

We walk through a door and I see another synthetic. "Stay down." I wisper to her and she nods as we stay crouch and continue. I spot another one and I nudge Amanda and she nods at me.

We got up the short set of stairs and I see the screen to shut off the cameras. "I'm going to go shut off the cameras." I quietly say to Amanda and she nods. I slowly go over to the screen and touch a few things on the screen till it turns red meaning the cameras are now off.

I slowly go back to Amanda and we quickly go back to where the man's body was. "The elevator's working." Amanda says and I look over seeing the elevator at the end of the hall is now working.

We walk over towards it and Amanda calls the elevator. As we wait for the elevator to come, we stay alert to make sure the two synthetics don't come here. "Come on." I say when I noticed the elevator was taking a long time to arrive.

Amanda and I soon hear the sound of the elevator and the door opens. We quickly go inside and I push the button to go to Comms Control. The door closes and we walk out as we hear the elevator door close.

We slowly walk forward, but we stop when we hear Verlaine's voice. "This is Verlaine on the Torrens. What the hell just happened? Sevastopol? Did any of our EVA team make it on board? Please respond. We've taken damage in the explosion and are pulling out of Sevastopol space. Systems will be down while we repair. I can't say for how long."

I pick up a map and I look at Amanda. "That means we can't contact Verlaine. Right?" I ask and Amanda sighs and nods. I look over seeing more synthetics in the distance, but instead of going forward we go up the metal staircase.

When we reach the top we walk through a door and into a small white hallway. I look at the sign seeing one points at the External Communications, a small room that overlooked the area, and a door that is closed.

Amanda and I walk to the External Communications and I stop at the Rewire device on the wall as Amanda walks to the computers. I turn off the camera feed and I hear a voice say communications are now alted.

"Oh, that's just great." Amanda says and I look at her confused. "Communications are off. There's got to be someone on the station we can contact." Amanda says and I sigh and nod.

We walk back down the metal staircase as I take out the Motion Tracker. It continues to beep as it shows multiple synthetics in the area. "How are we going to get out?" I ask as we crouch behind a desk.