2- Welcome To Sevastopol

Somewhere, Something Incredible Is Waiting To Be Known -Carl Sagan

........................

"Can we see it?" Samuels asked as we all stood in front of the monitors. "Switch to monitors." Verlaine said to Conner and then a picture of a large station popped onto the screen.

"Sevastopol Station." Verlaine says as we look at the screen till I take a closer look. "Is that damage?" I ask as Samuels takes a closer look as well.

"It looks like damage." He says and Amanda agrees. "Punch up 74. Tight angle." Verlaine says as the screen zooms onto a part of the station.

"Looks like the dry-dock bay is screwed." Conner says and Verlaine nods. "I can't bring the Torrens into that."

"So, what do we do now?" I ask right before Verlaine starts to talk to whoever is on the station that is getting our signal.

"This is the commercial vessel Torrens out of Saint Clair, registration number MSV-7760, calling Sevastopol traffic control. We're carrying four passengers on a Weyland-Yutani bond. You're holding the Nostromo flight recorder unit. We request immediate permission to transfer the passengers port-side. Over....."

Verlaine hits the switch to allow the other person to talk and we move in a bit closer to hear.

".......Waits. Colonial Marshal........... Sevastopol station........ serious situation...." The man continued to talk but through all the loud static, none of us could understand what he said.

"Hello? Marshal? M-marshal, this is the Torrens. Say again?" Verlaine says, but we don't hear anything back besides static then silence.

.........................

"The station's comms seem pretty screwed up, so I've fitted Samuel's suit with a radio booster." Verlaine says as she finishes turning on everything on our spacesuits.

Since we couldn't understand what the Marshal was saying, we decided to go out and get inside the station to see what was going on.

"I can only keep the Torrens in transit for twenty-four hours." Verlaine says and Samuels nods. "You'll have heard from us by then."

"Safe trip." She says and nods to us and I gulped as we walked inside the air lock.

"Stand by." Amanda says to us and I could tell Taylor was nervous. "My contract doesn't cover bloody space-walks....." Taylor says.

Amanda stood in the front, Taylor stood behind her and I stood in the back behind Samuels.

"It's the only option. And it's perfectly safe if you do what I tell you." Amanda says as mist shoots out of the walls.

"Depressurizing." Amanda says and Taylor becomes more nervous. "Oh fuck..... hating this." "Just shadow me, Taylor. You too, Samuels. And especially you Samantha." Amanda says to us.

"Affirmative." Samuels says and I nod, "Alright." The door opens to show the station in front of us. I gulped as we held onto the line that was slowly bringing us closer to the station.

I don't know why though, but I had a very very bad feeling about this.

"What the fuck happened here?" Amanda asked as I look up to see parts of the station broken and pieces of metal floating around us.