The Cliché Entrance of a Diva

The day started off with an orchestrated piece of music ringing in my right ear. The Star Wars theme blared on my phone at full alarm volume. Still dazed, I yawned like a lion, fumbling for my phone. I blinked a few times to get the sleep out of my eyes. My phone screen glowed with a bright white light, enough to blind me for a few seconds. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up. It was 4:30, like everyday. I assume the time I take to get out of a trance in the morning. Which is around three minutes. So an alarm at 4:27 am is set for everyday. 

That early? Yes, I get up early. I took the hair elastic around my wrist off and tied my hair into a messy bun. I dragged my limp body to the bathroom. And like always, the intensity of the water surprised me, woke me up with a jolt. Surprised to find the unfamiliar furniture surrounding me, I pinched myself. I wasn't a sucker for luxury, but the whole experience was a bit overwhelming. I felt almost under-dressed in my nightclothes.

I brushed, with a slow, repetitive rhythm. I aimed for no cavities. Ever. It was 4:34, I quickly washed my face and changed into a pair of sweatpants. The lavender melange pattern swirled in my head. I pulled on a pair of Nikes and ran out of the house. The cool breeze caressed my cheeks and flew through my hair. The sun had just about risen till above the horizon, streaking the sky with vivid shades of pink, orange and gold. There were a few clouds in sight and the roads of Riverdale were awfully empty. I could see classic retro houses dotting the landscape. The skyline of the town wasn't so tall, but it was an impressive collection of different slopes and geometrical patterns. Then, I noticed a familiar figure.

"Archie Andrews, right?" I asked, jogging up to the redhead.

"Yeah, and you must be Veronica's sister." he replied.

"Clematis." I retorted.

"Ah, yes. She said you're a feisty one."

"Feisty? Ronnie can't talk like that."

"I'd rather not use the words she used."

"Oh, right."

"So, how's Riverdale till now? Liked Pop's?"

"Definitely. It really is something."

"Ahaha, yes, it is. But how are the people?"

"They're alright I guess."

"You haven't met too many yet, have you?"

"Um, no, I haven't. But I have met a few."

"Oh, and who may those people be?"

"Names classified."

Archie chuckled. He thought it was a genuine conversation. I was actually interrogating a potential Mr. Lodge right now. I played along. Maybe we would get along. Probably sometime in the future though. The distant future perhaps. It is not unusual for a sibling to get along with their's sibling's significant other, but that didn't work for me.

"So what are you doing up so early?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Well, if I answer, will you?" I nodded in reply to the question. "I'm out for a morning jog to keep in shape." he answered. "Now you."

"I'm new so I wanted to walk around the town without the hustle and bustle of the daily crowd."

"I see. Well if you want to avoid the public, Your Majesty, I can take you around town. Betty's already offered to take Veronica around."

"Betty's the blonde?"

"Oh yeah, sorry for not introducing her to you." he chuckled sheepishly. "So, may I have the honour?"