Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 6: Wafer

"Sandy! Sandy!!" Ema screamed as she got closer to her station. She was running out of time.

Sandy had shown Ema her desk but now she couldn't exactly remember where it was, plus her ankle ached.

"What is wrong with you!? Why are you screaming my name and distracting everyone from their work?"

"Oh, Sandy, please help me. I'm going to lose my job if I don't return with the document," Ema pleaded as they finally met.

"What document?"

"That was what I asked him too but...anyways, do you have the document for the transaction with Mr Frederick?"

"Sshhh! Lower your voice and come with me," Sandy hushed her up, which Ema found strange as she went along with Sandy.

"There are some things that are not to be said aloud," Sandy cautioned her.

"Why not? Everyone here works here for the same purpose. What is wrong with me? Please help me find the document."

"I left the file on your desk for you to take along when you left with Mr Hendrix. I thought you were smart enough to see it."

"But you never mentioned it to me. How was I supposed to know?"

"Ema, it was in a red file right in front of you, how could you miss that!? Anyways, just wait here and I'll get it for you," Sandy told her before she quickly left and Ema waited nervously for her to come back while she tried to catch her breath from all the running.

"Thank you very much," Ema appreciated after Sandy came back and handed it over to her.

"You're welcome, now quickly leave," Sandy told her as she ushered her forward.

* * * *

Lucas took a look at his wristwatch. Just a second was left and yet she was nowhere to be seen. Well, when he hired a woman without certification and all the qualities needed to work for him, he'd sort of expected this, but not this much. In the short minutes Ema had been around, he'd wondered if she was going to last working for him. She had a second left, and he would have to search for a new, capable P.A. He knew what he wanted and somehow, Ema had it.

"I'm sorry, Mr Frederick, but it looks like she won't make it so this won't work out today..."

"I'm here! I made it!" Ema yelled as soon as she walked into the restaurant through the entrance. She stood waving the file to him, which caught everyone's attention. She smiled from ear to ear.

"Miss, please lower your voice," a waiter told her, and she quickly nodded as she placed a hand on her lips. She forgot she was in a fancy restaurant.

"I'm sorry," she apologised in a whisper before carefully walking up to the table Lucas was at.

She kept the file on the table and took her seat while panting as she kept her head on the table. She had run as fast as she could from the bus stop and now she needed to catch her breath.

"I...I made it, right? Right?" she asked as she raised her head and took a look at her boss who gave no reply but stared blankly. She then turned to Mr Frederick who gave her a light nod with a smile.

"Yes!" she exclaimed as her smile broadened.

Lucas picked up the file from the table.

"Sit up," he ordered her, and she immediately got her arms and head off the table. She relaxed back in her chair.

She sat still as she watched Lucas and Mr Frederick discuss business. She understood nothing about what they were saying. As usual, they spoke in business-like codes.

icon lock

Show your support for Mercy E. Kalu, and continue reading this story

by Mercy E. Kalu
@Mercy198
When bubbly Emerson Kachi Smith starts working for the handsome Lucas...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 46 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @Mercy198.