Lanterns 🏮

One small insignificant speck of light, thats all I am now. One small speck of light.

In amongst a vast darkness, stars litter the sky, delicately decorating any space they touch.

They light up even the darkest of places. They lie on a gracefull background of the deepest purples and blues. In the distance beyond the beckoning tree line, an almost non existant hue of humming oranges brings a sence of joy to any beholder.

How can the world seem so happy when all I know is overcome with saddness and pain?

The memories of moments just past still rong raw in my brain.

It was such a peacefull night, familys and friends all joined around the campfire to enjoy merry games and much needed enjoyment. Children ran wild in the woods with the excitement knowing that soon their meticulously handcrafted chinease lanterns will dance across the sky, surrounded by the welcoming wood giants that sway in the calmness they exude.

That was until one small boy, stumbled slightly to close to the deadly but somewhat enticing, heat giving inferno.

That is how it all started.

Within seconds the entire camp was flooded with firery oranges, angry reds and fearsome yellows. Ear splitting screams filled the one tranquill transylvania, as the enferno claimed innocent victim after victim. No mercy. Limbs of the once calm giants rained downwards alight with unbridled rage. Large unforgiving arms smashed tents cruely crushing anyone who may abide there.

Frozen in shock, all my torturous body will allow me to do is watch. Watch as my friends and family are brutily ripped from me and taken to new lands above.

And know it is me who creates the brightness.

My one lone tent, salveged from the ashes, burnt and tattered, is now the only source of illumination for miles.

I remember those beacons in the sky, shining down upon me, my friends and family, there up there now smiling as they look down. Knowing I am safe and sound, down here on the ground.

As I set my gaze on the sky, I ignite my lantern and lift it high. Releasing it so that its light can reunite me with those who now shine so bright.