05| The Art of Manipulation

***

"Care to explain how we are going to get through all of Falcone's men?" I asked Selina as we looked down at the map of the mansion the belonged to one of the most important men in Gotham. Throughout the map the locations of Falcone's men were pinpointed, however the fact that we had this information didn't make the situation any easier. There was practically no easy way of getting in and out without being noticed. 

Selina looked just as worried not really coming up with a solution on our problem either knowing perfectly well that it was practically impossible to accomplish what Fish Mooney was asking of us. That was until a small smirk suddenly appeared on her face. "I think I might know someone that can help."

"Can I ask who?"

"An old friend." She told me without giving me any detail. I rolled my eyes as Selina pulled me up on my feet. 

I decided not to question Selina as we made our way through some of the worst parts of the city, however once I noticed that we were in a nicer neighborhood. One where we definitely didn't belong in I began to become curious of who this mystery friend could be. Considering that we were now where the elite of Gotham lived.

"Here." Selina firmly stated as we looked up towards the balcony of a huge white mansion. And I could only wonder how she came to know someone who would live in such a house. Sure it was nothing in the comparison of Nanda Parbat, but compared for the rest of the city this was wealth. "Come on we'll have to climb up."

Sitting in front of a vanity mirror was a girl roughly our age brushing her long red hair. I could only stare at her for a moment wishing that I was as care free as she was in the moment. Selina cleared her throat, startling the girl as she stood up

"Selina. Who's this?" She questioned as she slowly walked over to use, with a confidence I had never seen anyone carry.

"This is Artemis." Selina said introducing me. " Artemis this is Pamela Isley." 

"Nice to meet you." Pamela said a bright smile taking over her face. "I always love meeting Selina's friends they are all so...different. In a good way of course. But you...you just scream mystery, I love it."

"I must say you are as much of a mystery to me, as I to you." I replied, because I knew next to nothing about the girl standing in front of me other than she could apparently help us get through dozens of armed guards.

"Exotic too." She continued with excitement. "Where is that accent from? Where do yo come from? Clearly not from here."

"I come from a place that I'm sure you've never heard of." I told her as I walked over to her vanity. Looking down at her vanity and the large amounts of beauty products that she had. "My accent, I would say comes from the variety of languages that I have learned over the years. I admit my english could improve. But enough of this." I stated my patience beginning to run thin. "Selina why are we here?"

I couldn't think of any way that this red headed girl could help us break in Falcone's mansion. She just didn't seem to be the resourceful type, although I knew I was being quick to judge.

"Right." Selina began as she crossed her hands over her chest. And she began to explain to her friend the tight situation that we were in, and how to two of us together wouldn't be able to take down what practically seemed like an army of body guards. Truth was although I was sure we could get along just fine, I didn't want Selina to know about what I was capable of. What I was. "So...Pamela I need that plant thing you told me about."

"That plant thing?" Pamela repeated in disbelief as she laughed to herself. "More like an amazing discovery. But tell me what will I get out of giving it too you?"