09| Lost at Sea

***

I felt a throbbing headache when I suddenly felt as if there was somebody standing over me. Even with the feeling that me head was going to split open from the slightest movement, I was able to push aside the pain and grab a hold of the figure standing over me. In a simple movement I had them face down on the bad with an arm behind their back. As my vision and head began to clear up I realized that it was just Roy and felt a hint of irritation.

"Be gentle with me Diane." Roy muttered into the pillow, and I was still able to hear the humor in his tone.

"Jesus...Roy." I muttered as I got off the bed and headed towards the bathroom, and then I froze for a moment as all the memories from last night came blooding back. All I wanted to do was go back under the covers and try to completely forget that it happened. That was impossible, so the best I could do was pretend that it didn't happen. Hope he was intoxicated enough to not remember it happened.

Part of me knew it was not going to be difficult to pretend to be hungover. Considering that I partially was. For someone who had trained their body to be able to resist many kinds of toxins I had a low tolerance for alcohol. Always tending not to make the best decisions when having a little too much to drink.

"Wow, you really are a light weight." Roy stated as he followed me towards the bathroom. I slowly began to brush my teeth as he leaned on the doorway looking at me. After a moment I thought he was going to mention what happened, that maybe he did remember. "Do you remember anything?"

Spitting out into the sink and rinsing my mouth I shook my head. He said this in a playful tone and I couldn't be sure about the meaning behind it. Or if there was any meaning behind it at all. "No. Not really." I replied as I walked out of the bathroom and into our living room, turning on the small T.V in the corner of the room. "Do you remember anything?"

"No. Not really."

"Then why do you ask?" I questioned in a bored tone as I picked up an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter. We hadn't gone grocery shopping in over a week, and the apple was already too mature for my liking. We also had an empty fridge meaning that if we wanted breakfast we would have to go out to eat.

Roy shrugged as he leaned across the counter. "Just wondering if I did anything stupid. Like you remember that one time that I..."

"Ran out of the apartment naked." I finished that moment suddenly coming back to me. "Yeah, kind of hard to forget."

"Girls tend to say that about me after..."

"Shhh." I whispered as I watched as the usual sitcom that was on during this time was interrupted by an emergency announcement.

The reporter seemed to be standing in front of the gate to a large mansion, where dozens of other reporters also seemed to be covering the same news.

"We have just heard news that The Queen's Gambit, which disembarked yesterday after not has official been announced as lost in sea. Aboard the ship is Robert Queen and his son Oliver Queen along with Sara Lance the youngest daughter of police chief Quinten Lance. More to come from this report as the search continues."

Once the emergency news coverage was over Roy and I looked at each other wide eyed. We had just seen Oliver Queen two days ago, never imagining that the next day he would go missing. Not that I had much sympathy for him, he did seem like an awful human being. But I suppose no really reserved to go missing out in sea, no matter their spoiled personality.

"Such a shame." Roy said, in a slightly sarcastic tone, as he turned off the T.V and leaned back on the couch. "He will be missed. Do you think they'll find him?"

Taking a seat beside him I shook my head. To me it seemed very unlikely that this was an accident, as I thought about how this might be the perfect plan to have someone disappear without there being much of a trail to follow.

"I think someone like Robert Queen has many enemies."

Roy straightened at my words, his curiosity clearly growing. "Your saying this wasn't just some tragic accident?"

"I don't know." I replied, because I really didn't. It was just a theory. A hunch really. For all I really knew it could be a mistake. They might find them in a couple of hours, and they would return to their life of luxury.

***