11| Man in the Green Hood

***

Oddly enough the return of Oliver Queen to Starling City after five years of being stranded on a deserted island along the North China sea wasn't the only story that was gaining large media coverage. Now there was the mystery of who saved Starling City's three most eligible bachelors when they were kidnapped last night.

The Man in the Green Hood, The Vigilante, Robin Hood, and many other names were being used while covering the story. Everyone clearly fascinated by the idea of Starling City having their own masked hero. Even Roy seemed excited about the prospect of this city having it's own vigilante.

And although I wanted to share this city's excitement there was something that concerned me and it was the fact that this vigilante wielded a bow and arrow. And unusual weapon and one that was hardly used anymore. That fact creating a feeling of uncertainty in me and that this could be a possible member of The League of Assassins.

That was why I now found myself walking though the lobby of Merlyn Global Group determined to talk to the only person that I knew could give me some kind of answer or reassurance.

"I'm here to see Maclom Merlyn." I stated firmly once I approached the front desk. The woman who was previously typing away on her computer paused to look at me with disinterest.

She looked me over as if wondering what kind of woman could demand something like what I was asking so casually. "Do you have a scheduled meeting with Mr. Merlyn?"

"No. I don't."

To woman offered me another small smile, except this one had a touch of pity to it. "Sorry, but Mr. Merlyn doesn't just meet with anyone. Especially not without a scheduled meeting, it's policy."

"Tell him that Diane Crock is here and I'm sure that his policy will change."

Looking irritated by my presence now she reluctantly picked up the phone and had a short conversation, with who I assumed was Malcom Merlyn. The receptionists' previous irritated mood immediately changed to one of anger and then forced cheer. Putting the phone down she offered one last practiced smile. "Mr. Merlyn has agreed to see you Miss Crock."

It wasn't long before she gave me a visitors pass and allowed me to take the elevator to the fifth floor, where the main offices were located. I already knew where Malcom Marlyn's office was, though it had been over a year since I had stepped a foot in this building. Reaching the old fashioned wooden door I soft knocked before steeping into the office.

The large space hadn't changed since the last time I was here. The same large glass desk stood before the wall long window that Malcom Merlyn was looking our from.

"Miss Crock to what do I owe the pleasure?" Malcom questioned as he gestured for me to sit. Not wanting to start this interaction with any signs of hostility I took a seat across from him.

"I'm sure you've heard about this Man in the Green Hood." I started, not feeling that the need to make any kind of accusation was necessary. Malcom Merlyn was a smart man, he must have seen this coming.

"Difficult not to, considering that it's all the media is covering at the moment." He replied casually before studying me for a moment a smirk slowly forming on his lips. "And I'm assuming you're here to make sure that I'm not the man under that hood."

"It was your son that they kidnapped."

"Not worth the risk." He replied simply, and I was caught off guard by his unconcerned tone. I knew that Malcom Merlyn had changed since his time with us in Nanda Parbat, but I had never complete seen how much until now. "Artemis I assure you that you have nothing to worry about on my end."