Chapter 1

So, just a note this is not probably going to be updated consistently. I have a lot going on in my life, but this idea popped up in my head and I just couldn't let it rest. It will probably be choppy, cheesy, and really awfully written at times and I apologize. I am trying to bring back my muse which college seems to have killed for me. Joy.

On the brighter side I hope that this story interests you at least somewhat...

"Ada...?"

...

"Ada?"

"Ada!" The small voice demanded from the floor.

Whirling around, silken robes flailing out like butterfly wings, Elrond stared down at his small copper-headed daughter. She stood there in her short dress, tresses mussed, with her face screwed up in a most concerning bright eyes twinkled knowingly as she continued to see him trying to cease fidgeting. She was very perceptive for one so young, just out of toddlerhood. He sighed and halted his rapid pacing in favor of answering her.

"Yes, sellig?" He asked rubbing his temple in a circular motion hoping to relieve the pressure.

"Where is Naneth? Why haven't I seen her today? She wasn't at the table to break our fast this morn?" She pelted him with questions one after the other like a hammer.

"Naneth-Naneth is not-Well to be frank, she is bringing you another sibling."

Her small ocean blue eyes sparkled, "A sister!?"

"Perhaps, though I think it is more likely to be a little brother," He smiled and chuckled softly as she pouted, crossing her small arms and popping her small hip stubbornly.

"But I wanted a sister, I wished for one upon a shooting star."

"The stars cannot always grant you what you wish for, little one," He soothed as he brushed his fingers through her mussed hair trying to tame it's rebellious waves into submission."They are place there for our enjoyment by the Valar, they are incredibly special to us.

She nodded her small head,"Naneth always said that our people were named for the stars, and that I was too."

"Yes, little one, you were, our little morning star, reminding us that this world is not as dark as it seems," he replied, though there is much darkness in it.

"Couldn't Naneth bring me a little sister so that she can be another star in the sky?," she questioned, turning to pick up a stuffed horse from among her many toys.

"Perhaps next time, but we cannot know if the Valar will bless your Naneth and I with more children, we must be happy with whatever they give us," he encouraged, "A brother can not be that bad, surly?"

"Lairien says her brother is annoying, that he cries loudly at night and that he smells, it sounds gross," she stated lifting her head proudly as if she knew everything about brothers.

"Yes, but that is only for a time, they will not always be like that."

"Well, if I can't have a sister a brother is better than nothing," she huffed in annoyance, pulling at a strand of her hair.

He smiled, better than nothing indeed.

The moon was high in the sky, is light filtering down through the clouds like a mist to shine on the cool marble floor of her bedroom. He soft breathing could be heard over the noise of the night creatures as a figure crept closer to her bed, clothed in a dark robe, making almost no sound at all. Reaching out it's had it gently shook her small shoulder. She shifted beneath the warm coverlet and a tiny hand rose to rub the sleep from her tired eyes. She was not used to be woken at such a late hour of the night and she struggled to draw herself from the pleasant dream that she had been experiencing.