Prologue

Suddenly, someone or something bites me from the darkness on my neck. As my vision blurs, I scream in agony. I'm going to die! I thought. Something envelops me. It's darkness. I can't do anything about it. Keep your heart beating and you will be fine. Another thought in my head. Something cackles in my mind. Or was it the dark? I couldn't tell as I was yelping and squirming in pain. Crash! It sounded like someone breaking into a window. I was still enveloped in darkness so I couldn't see anything. "Get her out of there!" Someone screamed.
"She's really heavy...," another voice. I didn't know what was going on, I wish I did so I could help, but I was the victim and I couldn't do anything.
"Veronica, I can't hold him off any longer! He is super strong!"
"Ok, I'm getting her out right now." Leaving in someone's arms, I didn't know what to do except trust these anonymous, mysterious people. I was hoping I didn't die because I would've proved my parents wrong ever since I ran away home. I choked on a sob and blinked back bloody tears.
    As I was carried by someone I didn't know to an unknown place, I left the nightmare I was in and entered another one.
   After a long journey, we reach the unknown place. I fluttered my eyes open and I was staring straight into a mirror with a bronze metallic frame. And that's when I saw what I looked like for the first time in days. I had changed brand new. And my eyes... were an ocean blue.

Thank you for reading this prologue and if you enjoyed, please consider voting!