Two

The next morning was the same as the last. Get up, darts, food, go to school, write in my diary. Normal day, except that the rock is gone. I guess someone finally kicked it away.

I walked into the school and headed straigh to my locker. I put my phone in my pocket and got ready for my first class of the day: English.

I walked into the empty class seeing as I'm normally the first one there. I sat in my usual spot in the back and took out my phone from my pocket. I checked the time then put it down on my desk as I saw the teacher walking towards me.

"Hey, Yukiteru. We're almost done preparing everything for the play. Our first practice is today after school. And you can come pick up the script at lunch if you want," he said as the rest of my classmates slowly trickled in.

"I'll be there. Um, where can I pick up my script?" I asked. By then the class was pretty much full.

"I'll be in my classroom at lunch so you can come here," he answered. "If you have anymore questions about the play, I'll answer them after class," he continued as he turned to go back to his desk and start the class. I nodded though I don't think he saw.

Believe it or not, I was actually excited to be in this play. Sounds crazy, I know, considering I'm probably the most awkward, antisocial student in the school. But I really was looking forward to it.

Class went by as slow as ever, as did my next 2 classes. Then came lunch.

I made my way back to my English class with the play in my mind. I wonder who the main character is. What will I have to say to her? I hope this isn't too awkward. My mind wandered as I walked unnoticed into the class.

"I'm here for my script... sir," I said quietly to my clearly distracted teacher. "Sir," I repeated again to get his attention.

He whipped his head toward me, wide-eyed. "Oh, sorry Yukiteru, I didn't see you there. You're as quiet as a mouse," he laughed out. I smiled back awkwardly as I stood there silently waiting for my script.

It had been at least 30 seconds and neither of us had said anything. He simply stared at me, his eyes showed what could only be described as cluelessness. I looked around the room as to not make eye contact. I contemplated just reminding him why I was here but it felt too awkward to say anything now.

"Right! Your script," he said out of the blue, making me jump slightly. He rummaged through a few papers on his desk before picking one up and handing it to me. "Sorry, I've been a little bit distracted," he apologized as I took the paper from his hand. "Hope to see you after school today," he finished. I simply nodded and walked out of the classroom.