Eight

/// Guys, guys, guys ... hear me out... IVE BEEN VERY BUSY IM SORRY. Also I'm writing this at 5am so sorry if it's horrible, I'll fix it later.
~~~~~~

"Okay students, let's begin," Mr. Hiyama said with a smile. Students from backstage came forward and everyone took their position on stage. This being my first rehearsal and with my background-character-like personality, I awkwardly followed Akise to the front of the stage. I felt unprepared compared to the other students, having to read off the script more than a few times. After going through the first part of the play 4 or 5 times, I got the lines down and felt fairly comfortable saying them aloud.

When rehearsal was finished, Mr. Hiyama put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me aside. "That was really good Yukiteru" he said sincerely. I grinned slightly, assuming he was only saying that to make me feel better. "I'm serious, most students take a few days to memorize the first act and you seem to have it perfect on your first day."

"Thank you Mr. Hiyama," my smile widened. I felt better after hearing the compliment even though I still suspected it wasn't fully true. "I have to get going," I finished, pointing my thumb at the door behind me. Mr. Hiyama waved as I turned around and walked toward the exit.

I heard quick footsteps behind me and someone grabbed me by the wrist. "Yuki, wait! Where are you going in such a hurry?" A voice laughed out from behind me. I turned around to see Akise, with him hand still on my wrist. I looked down at his hand and he quickly let go. "heh, sorry," he rubbed the back of his neck. "I was just wondering if you wanted to go get something to eat with me. I'm sure you're hungry," he said, flashing a smile.

I hesitated. I was hungry. He's just trying to be nice, I thought. I saw his smile fade and realized I hadn't said anything  yet. "Sure," I answered quietly.

"Are you sure? You don't have to if you don't want to." He was clearly hurt that I wasn't as enthusiastic as he was.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

I wasn't.

I had never had a friend before, especially not one that wanted to talk to me outside of school. I was nervous. But that was okay, right? I was over thinking this. Get it together, what's the worse that could happen, I told myself.

"Great! I know a place you'd love!" he almost yelled. His smile was back and I was glad I didn't hurt his feelings. I didn't want to lose the only friend I had ever made, even if he was a bit weird. He grabbed my hand and nearly ran for the door, leaving me stumbling behind him.

////

Alright we're gonna end it there today. Again I'm SO sorry for not writing in FOREVER. I'm not sure if I'm going back to school yet but if I don't, prepare for many more chapters in the near future.