Chapter 3

Layla's POV

It was breakfast time and i was looking at my mail. I had one from the prison. I sighed and opened it up and shook my head "what is it?" my dad asked and i gave it to him "your not going to that place!" he said and my mum looked at me "what is it sweetie?" she asked and took some toast "Tyler has shown bad behaviour and she's not allowed to the shool so i have to go to the prison!" i said and she sighed,

"are you going to go?" she asked and i nodded "no, no your not im not having you pesterd by those people!" my dad said and i sighed "dad its fine!" i said and i looked at the time "i'll be late home as i will be at the prison dont cook me dinner!" i said and left.

I had been teaching her for two months now and she was really smart, smarter than i thought. I found out she was being taught in English by Miss Jesops or Brenda and was doing good in there aswell. I went to work and my classes were good and it was lunch and i was talking to Brenda about Tyler.

"she is a bright kid, was even when she was here!" she said and i nodded "i dodnt think she done it to be honest!" i said and took some of my sandwhich and she nodded " i agree, she never could do that way to nice!" she said and i nodded,

"i asked her about it and she ranted on how about how the army soldiers are all murders and how the brittish soldiers in both world wars arent heros there murders but so are the germans and how small insects have feelings and how the thought of a gun repulses her!" i said and she laughed a bit and nodded,

"yeh she said all that in one of my classes. We were reading a book and it was before the summer she was in fourth year, i remember it well. We were reading the book and a boy jumped away and asked me to kill the wasp that was on the window and she guilt tripped the class into not killing it!" she said with a laugh,

"it was that same september it happened!" she said with a frown "did you get the letter?" i asked and she nodded "oh i was going to ask, if your going i could give you a lift!" she said and i nodded "yeh sounds good!" i said and she nodded and the bell went "i have last period free so i'll head to your class!" she said and i nodded "yeh sure!" i said and went to my class.

As good as her word, Brenda sat through my last period of sixth years "leave quietly please, thank you!" i said to them and she laughed "i hate History!" she said and i laughed "oih you just insuleted me deeply there!" i said and got my coat on and we walked to her car.

It isnt a short drive and the way the road works you can see in the prison grounds "how long have we to keep going to the prison?" she asked and i thought about it "two months i think!" i said and she nodded,

Out of curiosity i looked over and there she was sitting in a chair at the corner of the fence. Her legs were stretched out and she looked to be sleeping. I saw Brenda was both looking over and concentraiting on the road.

A guard walked over to her and he kicked her boot and she didnt move "she looks dead!" Brenda said and i nodded " i know!" i said and all of a suddne she was hauled up and pinned against the fence.

Brenda slowed down with shock. She punched in the stomch repeatedly and the guard walked away and she spat out what looked like blood. Brenda had now stoped the car and was just staring at her. She sat back down and another gaurd came and pushed her away out of sight.

"that did just happen?" Brenda asked me and i nodded, i couldnt speak. We drove on and entered the prison. We went through the security checks and waited in the visitors room.

It was a big room and had metal chais and metal tables. There were two chairs on one side and one opposite and on that side there were two wrist locks secured to the table. I looked to the right of the room and there was a full length window. It reached from the floor to the ceeling and to each end of the room.