2. Girlfriend

Hey guys!
I know I said I'd upload not to soon after my previous upload, but I was watching Eurovision and got distracted! I'm trying to write a lot more stories with more variety and I wanted to write a story about WW1, so I'll post that eventually!
I hope you enjoy this part! And please tell me about any mistakes, I typed it really fast and autocorrect probably corrected everything!

---

"Sorry I'm late (F/N)!" (F/N)'s head perked up at the sound of her friend apologising as he ran up to the table they decided to meet at in the library.

"You should get a detention for that teacher, I was about to lose all hope of passing my exams." (F/N) smirked, flicking open her school text book as Mathias sat across from her. "Anyway what were you doing?"

"I can't say!" He avoided eye contact. "And stop calling me teacher, it makes me feel old.." He added on. (F/N) frowned.

"I'll stop calling you teacher, if you tell me what you were doing, can't be keeping secrets from your best buddy can you now?" She said. She was pretty curious to what he was doing, that and she couldn't help but be nosy. She saw him debate whether or not to tell (F/N) before sighing.

"Fine! I was talking to a girl!" He blurted out, his face going slightly red.

"And..?" (F/N) was expecting a little more if she were to be honest.

"And? I was talking to a girl, that's it." He smiled. '"Of course, I get chatted up by girls all the time!" He added on cockily. (F/N) rolled her eyes.

"Come on you're meant to be teaching me maths here.." She said, gazing down at the many complicated equations that were spread across the pages of the text book. Maybe if it was a friend teaching her, and teaching her during school hours when she didn't have to be at home, she might just improve her grades enough to please her parents a little more.

The two of them couldn't help be talkative, and they ended up talking a decent amount about random things, yet (F/N) still felt she picked up more in the hour that had gone by than any other lesson she'd ever had.

After the school day had ended, she walked home with Mathias and survived the night with only a scrape or two. Her phone beeped loudly late at night and (F/N) was instantly wide awake, grabbing it and turning the volume down to zero. She hoped her parents hadn't woken up because of it, because they'd be mad if they did. She waited to see if any floorboards creaked, yet luckily the hallway remained quiet.

Her phone had buzzed a few times in her hands and she flipped it open. Of course Mathias would be texting her at this time.

Messaged received: 3
Sender: Idiot Dane

01:34: (FFFFFF/NNNNNN)
01:34: Plz answe ohjne
01:35: Plz answer phone!

She sighed. She could never tell whether this was important or not, Mathias once texted her at 3AM to tell her he'd won a match on an online game, so she didn't really know anymore.

(F/N): What
Mathias: I NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING
(F/N): Is it so important you had to wake me up for it?
Mathias: YES
(F/N): Okay, what do you want --; And please stop typing in caps!
Mathias: sorry! But anyway, I'm talking to this girl from school and I think she likes me.
(F/N): Is it the one you keep staring at?
Mathias: I don't stare!!
Mathias: but yes, should I ask her out?
(F/N): Well the King of Europe can get any lady he wants if I remember correctly, so do what you want.
Mathias: I'm gonna do it!
(F/N): Cool, now please let me sleep --;

(F/N) yawned and turned off her phone before she could look at anymore messages. She was tired and never got enough sleep. To be honest, she didn't really care about what happened in Mathias's love life, as long as he wasn't with a girl who'd have a bad influence on him. She was just his best friend, she wouldn't mind if he was dating anyone. She didn't even know if the girl had said yes, or if Mathias had had the guts to go through with asking her. For now she just wanted to go to sleep, she'd think about it tomorrow.

~~~

The next morning, (F/N) woke up to her alarm clock and drowsily got out of bed. She felt even more tired than she had yesterday; waking up in the middle of the night had messed up her sleep schedule a little. She got ready for school and quickly left without eating much of a breakfast as usual.

The moment she walked in the classroom, she saw a group of students gathered around the desk in front of hers; in other words, they were gathered around Mathias. She sat down at her desk quietly and Mathias turned around to face her.

"Guess what!" He said excitedly.

"You were horribly rejected? You chickened out last second?" (F/N) could already tell by the giddy expression on her friends face that that wasn't the case.

"Nope! None of that!" He laughed, unfazed by (F/N)'s sarcasm. "I got myself a girlfriend!"

"Congrats." (F/N) gave him a light smile. Although it wasn't the biggest news, she at least wanted to show her friend some support. "What's she like?"

"She's really hot, and she's good at sports, and oh! Her family owns this massive house that she said she'd invite me to sometime." He said accompanied by a suggestive wink.

"Okay too much thanks.." (F/N) grimaced making Mathias laugh. "Is she in this class?"

"Yeah, she isn't here yet though.." He sighed slightly. "But she sits at the front." He said pointing to the seat two rows in front of him. "But that mea-"

Mathias was cut off by the sound of the bell ringing and the teacher entering the class, which (F/N) was slightly thankful for. The last thing she wanted to listen to was her friend gushing on about his new perfect girlfriend.

She had no idea how much more annoying it was about to become.

---

It may not make sense yet how the reader is respond to the fact her best friend just got a date, but soon she'll realise that he means much more than a best friend would! Right now the reader is intended to be a bit clueless about who she likes! I'm looking forward to writing more of this, so I'll post the next part as soon as I can!

Bye!