Freedom

About 4 hours out of New York, Olivia and I had finally arrived at her family cabin in the nearby mountains. The cabin just so happened to be in neutral territory, so we weren't trespassing on any nearby packs land.

The Cabin was more of a Mountain Home, but I still referred to it as a cabin. Once Olivia parked her car in the garage, I quickly climbed out and made my way into the comfy home. The first time I had been here, Liv begged me to tag along since she didn't want to be with her family by herself. I was hesitant about the whole situation, but I went along anyways and enjoyed every second of it.

Now that I'm back I could just feel my wolf itching to be let out, but I wasn't going to allow it just yet. The nice woodsy smell of the home had me relaxing as I walked into the kitchen. The house was spotless since Olivia's family has a maid that comes and cleans every nook and cranny of the place every month, and to my surprise she even stocked the fridge and pantry with new food.

As I rummaged through the fridge for something I'd enjoy eating, I could hear Liv taking a seat in the living room and turning on the TV.

"Hey could you grab me a soda? There should be some in the fridge." She shouted from the living room.

I sighed and rummaged through the fridge in search of soda, coming across a 6 pack of Dr. Pepper. I grabbed one and closed the fridge before I turned and exited the kitchen, making my way into the living room where Liv was lounging on the couch and watching TV. I casually tossed the can of soda to her and took a seat next to her.

"So now that we're here, I figured we'd throw a party. There is a neighboring pack that I've visited before and I just so happened to befriend some people there. I could invite them and tell them to spread the news and bring along some of their friends." Liv suggested.

I looked at her and shrugged.

"I mean if that's what you're in the mood for then go for it. Just make sure that the room I usually sleep in doesn't get occupied while I'm not I'm it. I'm just gonna go out for a run by the time people start showing up." I told her.

She smiled at me and sat up before kissing my cheek and getting up from the couch.

"I'm gonna go and plan my outfit out. You might as well just borrow one of the dresses that I have here since you clearly didnt bring anything with you." she said before she rushed around the corner and up the steps.

I groaned before getting up from the couch as well, and making my way to the back door, sliding it open as I stepped out and onto the back patio. There was a soft breeze blowing as I made my way over to the edge of the pool, stripping off my clothing as I did so. Since I didn't have any swimsuits and didn't feel like going back inside to borrow one from Liv,  I decided I'd skinny dip, so with that being said I quickly stripped off my matching lace bra and thong and jumped into the cold water of the pool.

The cool water of the pool engulfed me into its chilly depths as I sunk to the bottom of the pool, holding my breath as I simply closed my eyes and relaxed my body.

Thoughts about my life up until this point. Until the point where I met him and how everything just had to lead up to the tragic moment that I met him.

I could feel the anger and frustration deep within my soul, churning and grinding together the longer I held it in.

I opened my eyes and quickly swam to the top of the pool, gasping for air once I broke through the surface of the water. I couldn't handle the anger building up inside of me anymore. I had to run. Run away from all of it, so I climbed out of the pool and made my way over to the woods before shifting into my wolf and retreating to the back of my mind, allowing my wolf to take control.

Almost immediately she took off in the direction of our safe haven that we had found the last time we had been in these mountains.

It didnt take her long to locate the beautiful hot spring that we call our safe haven. It was well hidden within the woods, but it was a few yards away from a packs territory which I luckily didn't have to pass through. I allowed my wolf to climb up to a small cliff that towered over the hot spring. The moon had decided to grace us with its beauty as it had gotten dark hours before we had arrived to our safe haven.

The clear night sky gave us a beautiful view of the moon and as any wolf would do, we tilted our head back with our muzzle in the sky before letting out all of the pent up frustration, anger, and sorrow in a long sorrowfilled howl.

I wanted everyone to know I was hurting, I wanted them all to hear the pain I was in. I wanted him to hear what he caused.

Once my wolf had finished howling she forced me back to the front of my mind, causing me to shift unintentionally. A sigh escaped my lips as I stood up in all of my naked glory, gazing up at the moon.

"Why me..? " I questioned to the all mighty moon goddess that we werewolves believed in.

My gaze fell from the moon and focused on the warm water that steamed below me. A small smile formed on my face as I made my way down the small cliff and over to the edge of the hot spring.

The steam felt nice against my skin as I stepped down into the warm water, my muscles slowly relaxing as the water quickly rose to my shoulders. I closed my eyes as I allowed my thoughts to be swept away.

After all these years this hotspring never fails to relax me in everyway possible and clear my mind of any worries that clouded it. The silence was peaceful and the chirping of the crickets added on to that peace until a sudden crack of a twig in the woods sounded and everything went deathly quiet.

My eyes snapped open and immediately focused on where the sound came from. Another cracking of a twig sounded in a different area and my attention turned to where the sound came from. I slowly climbed out of the pool of steaming water and just as I stood to my full height a pungent odor had my nose wrinkling in disgust.

Rogues.

They must've been planning to trespass into the nearby packs territory if they showed up this close to its border. I immediately shifted the second one of the rogues came into my sight.

I knew how to fight, but I wouldnt say I was the best fighter. My best chance at surviving the night was either to fight or run for my life and boy did I take off as fast I could. Crossing into the nearby border was just about the only chance I had to take, and unfortunately for me they werent afraid to chase after me right into unknown pack territory.

Branches cracked, leaves rustled, animals scurried away to their homes as I ran. Despite the fact that I was being chased by rogues I had managed to somehow calm myself down. The situation wasn't totally against me because I knew the second that border patrol caught on to the scent of intruders their Alpha would be alerted, but then there was the case of me also being an intruder and in their eyes im also a rogue.

I could hear one of the rogues right on my tail, and just as I took a glance behind me a sudden force slammed into my side, sending me flying into a tree.

A loud yelp of pain escaped my throat as my back and head collided with a tree, a loud crack sounding right before I landed at the base of the tree I came in contact with.

Growls and yelps filled the air around me as my vision blurred and darkened, but right before I passed out a strong and bone chilling growl subdued every noise that was being created in one instant and before I knew it, I was being lifted and carried away, just as my mind went dark and everything around me disappeared.

***